Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

By: Bill O'Reilly for BillOReilly.com
    Thursday, Apr 20, 2006

These speculators operate in the so-called commodities markets. They gamble on where the price of oil and other tangible assets will be months from now. These Vegas-type people sit in front of their computers and bid on "futures" contracts.
    Yep, and it's a very risky way to invest. I do a bit of it. However it works the same for... corn, soybeans, gold, gas, pork bellies.... really any raw material. I don't understand his point here, is he advocating the re engineering of our market economy?

Every time the oil company executives, guys like Lee Raymond, see these people bidding up oil "futures," they order their retail gas station owners to jack up prices to you. Supply and demand my carburetor—this has nothing to do with the free market.
    So what? Same thing happens with coffee. Did Bill just discover the the free market economy? You charge what the market will bear. The other alternative is fixing the prices and rationing. Of course then you will be sitting in line for three hours hoping to get some gas. Remmeber the 70's? I usually like Bill but I really think he's just playing on people's anger here.

I would never defend the amount of money that the CEO was paid, no one is worth that amount. But take quick look at this chart.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Daculling,
    You seem to know so much. I think that you could Google it and find out for yourself. There are people in the oil industry who have admitted it as well.
    Which one? There are many conspiracy theories. Some may be true.

go ahead and protest .... boycot all oil products ! we can ride the pretty donkeys "or" to heck with the enviro"mental"ists we can start drilling where we want when we want and not depend on the terrorists of the world for the majority of our oil. dont blame the companies this is another way our gov is failing "we the people".

Crazybird:

Truckers and illegals; and truckers and gas both were on my mind, today.....

Truckers will handle gas and illegal problems

The Truckers control the ROADS

If there is 50 million illegals in the US then they are using about a 10th of gas.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123