Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protest at the L.A. Times

Protest at the L.A. Times
    By Michelle Malkin • October 30, 2008 11:04 AM

Several southern California readers send word that there will be a protest at the L.A. Times building today at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern over the suppressed Obama/Khalidi tape.
    Here’s the info:
    I just got word that there is a planned protest to try and force the LATimes to release the video of Obama/Rashid Khalidi. If people cannot physically attend the protest at the LATimes Headquarters building in downtown Los Angeles, they are encouraged to call the offices at (213) 237-5000, fax a request to release the video or complaint against their current stance to (213) 237-7679.
    Your participation in this is of the highest priority to provide information to the voters in time to present a clear picture of the Democratic candidate’s coziness with individuals possessing extreme views in direct opposition to US foreign policies.
    For more information, please go to the website of the organization leading the protest effort -
    www.freedommarch.org
    LA Times Headquarters
    202 W. First St.
    Los Angeles, CA 90012
    main phone 213-237-5000
    fax 213-237-7679
    There’s also a petition here.
    From Jeffrey Goldberg at the left-leaning Atlantic:
    I understand that the tape was leaked to the Times by a source or sources unknown, and that an agreement was struck with that source to keep the tape hidden, but the tape has been described in a Times story already, and it quite obviously contains no state secrets. I also suspect that the tape could be posted in such a way as to obscure its origins. The Times, however, won’t discuss in detail why it’s keeping the tape from its readers, and the newspaper’s “readers’ representative,â€

My fax to the times:

To: L.A. Times
    (213) 237- 7679

I understand that there is a video tape that could shed light one way or another on Rasheed Khalidi and presidential hopeful Senator Barack Obama.

If this video could put to rest the concerns that Americans are now having about the Senator, I would like to have the video released. If it doesn’t put to rest those concerns, I would like to know that too.

As a citizen and voter, I want to know if a pattern of association with the Democratic candidate puts him in such a situation that even an average citizen would be considered for a National Security Clearance before Senator Obama would, that quite frankly is serious.

Please release the video.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Protecting its source is a perfectly legitimate, and necessary, policy for a news organization.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    I believe this is a matter of the L.A. Times protecting its source, whom they evidently promised not to release the video publically in order to obtain it for their own editorial purposes. This is perfectly legitimate, and necessary, policy for a news organization.
    If McCain was on video at a neo-nazi meeting do you think they would keep it private?

Quote(Protecting its source is a perfectly legitimate, and necessary, policy for a news organization)quote

True, however I doubt they are protecting their source in this case.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Protecting its source is a perfectly legitimate, and necessary, policy for a news organization.
    I don't think showing the video is not protecting the source. No one has asked who gave the video......just let us see the video. It would be necessary to know who gave them the video if someone found they had tampered with it or something in a court of law........not to simply see the information.

Maybe I watch too much TV, but protecting the source is not naming who gave you the info, not sitting on it........especially since they already wrote a story about it. Or like some have said........just release the words then so we know what was said and by whom.