Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protestors Interrupt Hindu Prayer Offering in US Senate

'Christian patriots' interrupt Hindu prayer in Senate
    'Lord Jesus, forgive us, Father, for allowing … abomination in your sight'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 12, 2007
    4:36 p.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Hindu cleric Rajan Zed turns toward protester as he prepares to open Senate with prayer (CNN)
    Three protesters interrupted a Hindu cleric today who became the first from his religion to offer the Senate's opening prayer.

Breitbart.tv has video of Rajan Zed, director of interfaith relations at a Hindu temple in Reno, Nev., preparing to pray when a clear, loud voice came from the Senate gallery.

"Lord Jesus, forgive us, Father, for allowing the prayer of the wicked, which is an abomination in your sight," said a male protester.

The Senate's sergeant at arms was instructed to restore order, but Zed was interrupted again.

"You shall have no other gods before you. … "

(Story continues below)

Zed, who was invited by Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, finally offered his prepared prayer.

"We meditate on the transcendental glory of the deity supreme, who is inside the heart of the Earth, inside the life of the sky and inside the soul of the heaven," he said. "May he stimulate and illuminate our minds."

Police officers arrested the three protesters and charged them with disrupting Congress, a misdemeanor, the Associated Press reported. The male protester told an AP reporter, "we are Christians and patriots" before officers handcuffed them and led them away.

Reid, in remarks from the chamber shortly after the prayer, defended his choice, tying it to the intense debate over the Iraq war.

"If people have any misunderstanding about Indians and Hindus, all they have to do is think of Gandhi," a man "who gave his life for peace," Reid said.

"I think it speaks well of our country that someone representing the faith of about a billion people comes here and can speak in communication with our heavenly Father regarding peace," said Reid.

The AP said Capitol police identified the protesters as Ante Nedlko Pavkovic, Katherine Lynn Pavkovic and Christan Renee Sugar.

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56645

DISGRACEFUL BEHAVIOR, which should not be tolerated.

MW
    I wonder how the rest of the Senate felt regarding Reid's choice for the invocation?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The US is tolerant of differing points of view. I would let the man say his peace. It is not tolerant, however, of lawbreakers. I think we should carefully distinguish between the two.

FYI, Evangelical Christianity is slowly winning out against religions such as Hinduism, Catholicism and animistic religions in Africa. I think they see a better way to live. It does, though, have stiff challenges from Islam and cultic varieties, which may "bless" selfish opportunism to a greater degree over ethical conduct.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captainron wrote:

The US is tolerant of differing points of view. I would let the man say his peace. It is not tolerant, however, of lawbreakers. I think we should carefully distinguish between the two.

I want to point out that this post was kept off the General Discussion board because it is off-topic from the immigration issue. I only posted it to inform other Christians how far their government is migrating away from the principles and moral directives this great country was founded upon.

I think we need to be particularly careful of the "tolerance" factor in governing this country, and my opinion has nothing to do with whether or not one has broken our laws. It is God's Laws that should be of paramount concern to each of us in these dangerous times. (I am a devout Christian, and make no apology for being so.) If you look backwards through history you will find a distinct correlation between the downward slide of the strength of this country (both internal and global) and the degradation of morals herein. When the country has been morally strong it's strength as a nation has been second to none on the world stage. The founding fathers of this nation were Christian men who risked everything they had to give us what we have today, and they asked for guidance from God, not from Allah, or Buddah, or any other deity. It is my belief that God heard those prayers 231 years ago and blessed this country. As we allow our government and the "tolerance" doctrine to dilute our Christian values we remove ourselves from the support and blessings we used to cherish and nurture. Turn your back on God at your own peril, but as for me and my house we worship the Lord.

In several ways, is this incident related to the immigration issue. My personal mantra is one admitedly co-opted from Michael Savage;
    "Borders, Language, Culture"
    Without a defense of your borders,the Nation becomes saturated with immigrants from neighboring States, if your territory appeals to them.
    This leads to the errosion of common language and the accompanying
    Cutural degradation.
    I contend that the United States is collapsing due to the premise of 'tiredofapathy's posting. Without a common belief, agreement of standards, etc. there is chaos. Yes, societys can meld into some sort of 'melting pot', if the change is gradual. What has been going on in the United States just within the past ten years, has been revolutionary.
    AT THE SAME TIME, every vestige of respect for, recognition of and evidence of at least 500 years of Western culture is being wiped out.
    Are we suppose to just sit by and allow this to occur without opposition??
    What would be truly insane is to go quietly into the night as a People. I say that we have to fight if for no other reason, tribute to our ancestors. They fought, sweat, built this land and we are allowing it to be taken from us. The track record for "diversity" in the Nation is abysmal and not for the reasons that liberals rant. It is because a tolerance for any other belief system logically entails an surrender to the intruding belief. As Christians, it is engrained into us to turn the other cheek, to embrace others, etc. but this is not the foundation to all other beliefs. Should we embrace a sudden resurgence of anarcists just because they are different? To paraphrase an ol' country song "you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"
    LAWMAKERS LOVE LAWBREAKERS

How many Hindu priests would King Hezekiah have tolerated?

or King Josiah??
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck
    How many Hindu priests would King Hezekiah have tolerated?

or King Josiah??
    Me thinks the answer is 0
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Seems that Harry wishes to keep the pot stirred! The defeat of the Amnesty Bill was accomplished by a mixture of both parties. Harry knows this as well as others. I look for more divisive tactics to come. Hopefully this is circulating the medias? I do not watch TV or buy the papers, hoping this story made some press(?)

"To dethrone God and destroy capitalism." Karl Marx

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Seems that Harry wishes to keep the pot stirred! The defeat of the Amnesty Bill was accomplished by a mixture of both parties. Harry knows this as well as others. I look for more divisive tactics to come. Hopefully this is circulating the medias? I do not watch TV or buy the papers, hoping this story made some press(?)

"To dethrone God and destroy capitalism." Karl Marx
    To the benefit of NAMBLA and San Francisco night-"life" (which leads unto the opposite, even if you only believe in Darwin)
    'Tolerance' just means 'Take it!'
    It's not about conforming your mind to reality — but conforming reality to your mind (your mind over matter, not matter over you).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast