Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Proud Patriot Student

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS
    Student campaigns to restore Pledge of Allegiance
    'I've always been taught to love my country and I feel that it's a no-brainer'
    Posted: September 26, 2010
    7:08 pm Eastern

By Michael Carl
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

NEW YORK - MAY 26: A color guard from the US Army garrison at Fort Hamilton marches as the Pledge of Allegiance is read at the opening of Fleet Week May 26, 2010 in New York City. The 23rd annual Fleet Week, which honors the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps., begins today with eleven naval vessels heading into port where the ships and the sailors aboard will spend their week in the city. (Photo by Chris Hondros/Getty Images)

For the first time in 40 years, high-school students in Arlington, Mass., are able to recite, in a school environment, those familiar words: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The opportunity to say the Pledge of Allegiance is the result of the work of Arlington High School senior Sean Harrington, who spent three years trying to get his town's school committee to restore the pledge at the start of each school day.

Harrington says he had a good reason for taking on the project.

"I knew it was the right thing to do. I'm very patriotic, and I come from a patriotic family. I've always been taught to love my country, and I feel that it's a no-brainer. It's just common sense to have the pledge at a school, and a public school no less," Harrington observed.

Get your "Legalize the Constitution" bumper sticker

The senior adds that the pledge means more to him than a simple phrase.

"The pledge always will be an allegiance not just to the flag but 'To the Republic for which it stands.' I think people don't realize that, and it's important that we pledge allegiance to that every day," Harrington explained.

Reports say the campaign took several years to accomplish.

The rest of the article here you can either listen to the interview or read it here at the link below..

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=204669

Kathyet

I'm with you on this one, why I'm a Garrison also. My Husband's family is from up State NY & he comes from a very big family. So good luck to you. Stand tall. If the school won't listen, get the News in on this it is American. Stand your Ground God Bless you. Good Luck in school
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)