Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Queen humilitates President Obama at Buckingham Palace by re

Queen humilitates President Obama at Buckingham Palace by refusing toast - May 24 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCsfyaO ... e=youtu.be

May 24, 2011

The Queen gives the cold shoulder to President Obama for breaking protocol offering a toast to the Queen while they were playing HER SONG: God Save the Queen of course.

The band started early but the Queen should not have ignored a sincere offer of a toast by the US president. An insult to all Americans.

The reality is that with people who have nothing to do all day protocol and etiquette becomes the only activity they care about. So when somebody doesn't follow the 'rule' (their rule) they go cold not knowing what to do. The last time they did something trivial and intuitive was when they were born.

Americans should steer clear from Monarchy. It is stupid to pander to it for votes in America. America should feel proud of their history. After all, wasn't the French-speaking French that took American's side during Independence?

The best of America is that we are the Land of the Free and not of elitist royals obsessed with 'etiquette' for a few privileged to separate them from the many underprivileged.

A great Queen would've acted swiftly and toasted. A sad moment for democracy. As usual.

The BBC at first did not make any mention of the gaffe in their main news programmes. ITV did menion it but did not show the president's face after the snub.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would respectfully disagree. How would you feel if the Queen chatted through our National Anthem?
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I would respectfully disagree. How would you feel if the Queen chatted through our National Anthem?
    Excellent point.

Glorious San Diego, and I intend on keeping it that way!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    I also agree. Obama has no respect for any Country including ours! It's about time he gets humilitated, I think he has earned it!
    <div>"Diversified"*does NOT*mean invading*our Country and forcing their culture and language,**stealing jobs,*using fake ID',s, living on government benefits, and flying their flag over ours! </div>

I disagree also. There are some rules that even Obama should respect. The Queen acted perfectly.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Awkward moment during Obama toast to queen

Prez talks while orchestra plays U.K. anthem --ABC News

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... ueen-.html

Obummer finally gets treated the way he treats others! Should be the title.

Classless, as usual. Will this man-child ever get it right? He's lost without his teleprompter. What a joke.

I've gotta say, Obama looked like an absolute fool and the Queen gave him the respect he deserves....which is very little. Definitely a Kodak moment.

By the way, check out the lady to his right with the look of disgust as he reads the toast and breaks protocol.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Obama humiliated himself and showed how clueless he really is. He is an embarassment to the office and to this country. So sad.
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast