Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Racism in SHREK!

I just took my grandson to go see the new Shrek movie that came out today and couldn't believe my ears when at one point in the movie when Eddie Murphy's character, "Donkey" calls the gingerbread man a "CRACKER." Can you believe it?

The portrayal of the White complexioned characters was just as unflattering as it normally is and of course they had to throw as much Spanish in there as they could and make references to Mexican food, etc....Why is everyone from our government to the movie industry into kissing Mexican a_ _?
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

It is 100% un-American to call any race, color, creed, nationality of American Citizens insulting names. We are a rainbow nation -- united melting pot where we all mix the best of our cultures and ideas into a Great People. It is an "obombanation" to call racially motivated names. God created all races and He said they were GOOD. All citizens have a 100% right to be here in the United States and to share freedom and pursuit of happiness in our nation. Popular films, movie starts, songs or statements that demean any of us -- demean all of us.

On the other hand -- illegal aliens and La Raza -- are INVADERS and deserve no rights and no quarter.

Deport all illegal aliens and grant them NO citizenship, no guest worker permits, no amnesty, protect our borders, fine employers hiring any illegal $100,000 and prison time, remove incentives to illegals like licenses and welfare, enforce existing laws, no citizenship for children of illegal aliens, remove American citizenship from those with dual citizenship, end offshoring, place high tariffs on any nation using slave labor like China! God Bless a United America -- God protect us from treasonous adversaries and enemies both foreign and domestic!
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Mark. Well said. I think the majority of us agree that controlling illegal immigration is a matter of law, not racism. Putting racist themes in children's movies is unacceptable.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have noticed too,on these comic shows how much more Spanish is being thrown in for no reason . Even BING (search engine) has a commercial in Spanish .
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

They are even throwing Spanish into the crossword puzzles more as well.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hollywood

Hollywood seems to be full of racists these days...

The more 'Rainbow" we become, the more Obamas we will eelect, and the Dems will destroy America. Dems want racial "diversity" as long as its in thier favor. They want a third world.

Arizona, where the illegals are slithering away
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    The more 'Rainbow" we become, the more Obamas we will eelect, and the Dems will destroy America. Dems want racial "diversity" as long as its in thier favor. They want a third world.
    Multiculturalism is ghetto.

Cosmopolitanism OTOH is cool.

The difference being the latter mentality is typical of legal immigrants and visitors with Middle Class values i.e. belief in the Rule of Law, assimilating to our dominant WASP based culture and so on.
    StarshipTrooper<div>
    </div><div>Things happen for a reason.</div>

I would never support a multicultural America nor do I mean to imply that a rainbow means to each his or her own -- or that we should become the third world nation we are becoming.

To me a rainbow is this -- imagine the image of a rainbow ending in a pot of gold. When you take a white beam of light and split it with a prism it makes a rainbow. White light, sunlight, requires all colors to be present in one unity of light. God made all the races and He said they were good. I won't argue with God, will you? On the other hand We the People of the United States are to be ONE people...and not multicultural. United we will stand and divided we fail. I am for controlling all immigration - in fact I would support ending all immigration and green cards during times of high unemployment like now.

I would agree with Cosmopolitanism only as far as all members of one community share the same allegiance to the United States of America and adapt to its ways and culture and language and traditions. That is where we fail. Since 1980 this nation has gained 40 MILLION LEGAL immigrants and 23 MILLION ILLEGAL immigrants -- that is far too many to melt into one community -- and that is causing serious problems which are destroying the fabric of American culture.

I love the one community rainbow making the white light of liberty that is America - each culture that melts brings its own unique ideas and treasure to the mix-- Italian food, French art, English humor, German ingenuity, Mexican hat dance, Jazz... to name a few. But all those good cultures melted into American culture -- if our nation allows MULTI-culturalism then we are truly doomed in my opinion.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Is it only me or does it seem that as long as it is a white person being discriminated against it's okay. I hear the red neck comments, trailer trash comments, the jokes made about people from Alabama marrying their cousin and I also recall pollack jokes which made fun of Polish people and that seems to be oaky. If it is wrong to call others names then this too should end. I am sick of the hipocrasy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast