Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Racism in SHREK!

Quote Originally Posted by JBParrothead
    I just took my grandson to go see the new Shrek movie that came out today and couldn't believe my ears when at one point in the movie when Eddie Murphy's character, "Donkey" calls the gingerbread man a "CRACKER." Can you believe it?

The portrayal of the White complexioned characters was just as unflattering as it normally is and of course they had to throw as much Spanish in there as they could and make references to Mexican food, etc....Why is everyone from our government to the movie industry into kissing Mexican a_ _?
    Monkey see, monkey do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For sure swatchick you and others are 100% right about the "do as I tell YOU to do but not as I do to you" mentality in America. Racial slurs, ethnic slurs, labels, epithets, insults, and out and out discrimination against pale skinned people is as unacceptable as against any other people. It needs to stop.

Along those lines I heard Obama call his former Chicago Church a "Black Christian" church for black folks and he defended its pastor and said "you got to understand the "Black" church... I always wondered what the reaction would be if I founded a "White" Christian church. In my city, there are parts of town claimed by dark skinned folks. Light skinned folks who go into those areas are actually chased down and beaten by mobs of dark skinned folks. Yet that does not seem to be a big deal, but it is wrong - not even the cops want to go in there. It seems we hear people should not be singled out and attacked or harmed due to race, color, ethnicity or creed -- yet these rules are not equally applied.

Reminds me of "Animal Farm" by George Orwell where the animals overthrow the farmer and set up a government that declares "all animals are equal..." Later the ruling pigs secretly change that law in the dark of night to "all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." Well in my opinion, what has led to this, is a fundamental double standard (doublespeak if you will) from government on down.

Congress exempts itself from all laws it passes that apply to The People. Did you know that? Presidential candidates make solemn promises to be open and ethical, then after the election they say "the campaign is over." President Obama, Senators, Representatives do NOT pay social security taxes out of their paychecks as we do. They do not pay Medicare tax out of their paychecks like the rest of us. You have heard of the tales about Congressmen being arrested for everything from foot tapping in restrooms (to put in nicely) to out and out drug use -- and the first thing they do is show their Congressional ID to the cops. Then are incredulous when they are still under arrest. Congress is pampered and lawless and they let tycoons get away with literal murder and grand theft.

Now our lawless President and lawless Congress want to "GIVE" lawbreakers -- illegal aliens -- a "Path to Citizenship." What message does that send to kids, and citizens, and the people of the world? Why is this pertinent to discussing ethnic slurs? Because it is all the same thing, it is the mental condition in America of "YOU obey the law but I am above the law." All animals are equal you see but some are more equal than others. My advice -- we don't take it anymore -- we fix the broken clocks and take back our nation.
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12