Rand Paul: Obama’s Support/Weapons Has Allowed ISIS To Grow

"We have done a disservice and created chaos that has allowed the jihadists to grow stronger”

by Steve Watson | Infowars.com | September 4, 2014

While advocating a forceful response to the ISIS threat, Senator Rand Paul called out the President Wednesday, saying that his support for Islamic rebels over the last three years has led directly to the rise of the radical terror group.
Appearing on Fox News, Paul said “I think that President Obama’s support for the Islamic rebels as has allowed ISIS to grow stronger in Syria.”
“They never would have grown this strong without … their allies getting weapons from both us, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, so really, we have done a disservice and created chaos that has allowed the jihadists to grow stronger.” Paul added.

It is common knowledge that the US has for three years now funded and supported rebels in Libya and Syria. Indeed, the same extremists who overthrew Gaddafi in Libya were reportedly airlifted into Syria by NATO forces. The same extremists who Killed US and NATO Troops in Iraq were supported all the way by the US and its allies in Libya and Syria.
ISIS terrorists had already infiltrated those groups and the US government knew it from their own intelligence and from independent intelligence. Like a cancer, the group grew and eventually consumed the so called rebels fighting against the Syrian government.
Senator Paul argued in a wider context that US intervention has allowed for such extremist groups to flourish.
“Intervention isn’t always the answer,” Paul said, noting that he has now had to defend himself against claims that he is both an isolationist and an interventionist.
“I’m someone that believes in the Constitution and believes that America should have a strong national defense and believes that we should defend ourselves, but when we do it, we should do it the way the Constitution intended,” the Senator urged.
“If I had been president, I would have called a joint session of Congress this August, brought everybody back from recess and said ‘this is why ISIS is a threat to the country. This is why I want to act, but I want to do it in a constitutional manner.’” Paul added.
“We’re not going to let our enemies behead our journalists,” Paul said.
Last week, Paul targeted Hillary Clinton in a similar manner, writing in a commentary for the Wall Street Journal. The Senator noted that the ISIS situation could have now been worse had the “war hawk” Clinton successfully facilitated regime change, arguing that Syria could have now had an ISIS friendly government.
Clinton admitted in 2012, while she was Secretary of State, that Al-Qaeda influenced extremists and other groups on the State Department’s terror list were fighting on the same side as the United States in Syria and that they were aiding opposition rebels.
In the latest interview, Paul argued that a strong US response to the terror group should involve “enjoining” Turkey, Syria, and Iran in the fight against the hardline Sunni Muslim group.
“Right now, the two allies that have the same goal would be Iran and Syria, to wipe out ISIS,” he said. “They also have the means and the ability and they also have the incentive to do so because Assad’s clinging for power and clinging for life there.”
Paul added that US military involvement should be very limited, and that it should come in the form of support for those with regional interests. “So I also think that Turks really should be enjoined in this. And I do think that there can be a role for America,” he stated. “We can give both technological as well as air support. That could be the decisive factor in this.”
—————————————————————-
Steve Watson is a London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.

http://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-ob...-isis-to-grow/