Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Rand Paul Stop Foreign Aid to Pay for Harvey

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rand Paul Stop Foreign Aid to Pay for Harvey

ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I hope I attached the video right.

This makes total sense. Stop foreign aid to pay for our hurricane disasters...also the fires in the Northwest!

Thank you for posting that.

Personally, I think we should end all foreign aid. We should only give humanitarian aid when needed. That should go directly to the people, as in medicines, food, etc.

It looks like there was some discussion whether or not Rand Paul proposed ending foreign aid to Israel, but I'm all for it.

It would never pass, what with the Israeli lobby being one of the most powerful in Washington, no one is going to risk loosing those pay offs.

He mentioned Afghanistan and it seems like there was a lot of waste going on there. Let's cut the waste, but we do owe Afghanistan some help, as well as Iraq. We broke it, it's ours.

Yes, cut foreign aid to Israel. We have been giving them 8 billion or more a year for decades!

Why? They need to solve their own problems.

They gave us One Million for Harvey...gee thank you...after all it came off the top of the billions we give you over and over and over again. That is like give us a Nickle out of the billions US taxpayers have worked for and forked over!

Such a lovely gesture.

We do not owe Afghanistan...we have already paid in blood and treasure and equipment. They are all corrupt and have been fighting each other for centuries.

Get our troops out of there and do not bring any of them here "that helped us with translators" for Pete's sake...we are there to help YOU liberate your country...so YOU stay and make it better. NOT bring you here! Fight your own damn battles.
    Last edited by Beezer; 09-11-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Just my opinion and food for thought and again, not to be argumentative.

Another take on owing Afghanistan. We invaded a country supposedly looking for Bin Laden, and Al Queda. By many accounts our government knew where he was all along and that he was in Pakistan.

They couldn't find him, but at one time he was in an American hospital in one of the oil countries and he was at a wedding in Paris.

Instead of just looking for Bin Laden, we destroyed the country, put an oil consultant on the throne, raped and pillaged their resources, and have kept control of the country for a very long time.

Of course, Pres. Bush said once, 'Bin Laden was no longer a priority'. I'm thinking either he never was or he knew it was dead - at that time, I think it was both.

So that being the case, why didn't we leave - suddenly, though, the Taliban was our enemy.

Yes, the American people suffered much in Afghanistan, but that was not because of the Afghani people. That was because of the American government. The Afghani people were simply defending their country and our soldiers were doing what soldiers do - what they are told.

Unfortunately, if things operated as they should, the Bushes, the Clintons, Cheney, Rumsfeld all the authors of PNAC, everyone who beat the drums for this war and most profited greatly by it, should be stripped of their worldy goods and marched off to prison in chains.

No we owe Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and Syria.

I disagree...we owe these countries nothing.

They have been fighting, inbreeding, killing each other and blowing stuff up for decades.

Get our troops out of there. 16 years and they don't have their act together...too bad. They will never change.

Do we stay another 16 years? 30 years? 50 years? NO

Same with Israel...do we fork over billions for another 50 years? What happens when they have over populated their land? They need to sit down and come up with a solution and stop forcing USA to pay for it.

We agree on getting our troops out - just pull them out - now. Put them on the border.

As for Israel, quit paying them, throw their many lobbyists out of Washington, and stop fighting wars for them.

There will never be peace in the ME until something is worked out between the Palestinians and Israel.

We did know these people's history. They have been fighting each other for centuries. Truly, though we have to admit our machinations since WWII has had something to do with it. Maybe even before, I don't know about that.

We were supporters of Bin laden when he was fighting the Russians. We helped make a folk hero of him.

We were big supporters of Saddam Hussein as long as we could pit him against Iran.

We were big supporters of Iran after we put the bloody Shah on the throne. It was only after the people rebelled against the Shah, and the CIA, we got upset with them.

So knowing this history, why did we invade those countries? Why did we need to take over the entire country of Afghanistan if we were looking for one man? Why did we have to stay? Why did we put an oil man on the throne there.

As for Iraq, it was based on lies. The rest of the world knew it, some Americans were pretty sure, and our government knew it.

So, yes, we owe them. We had no reason to invade Iraq, and probably no real reason to invade Afghanistan.

We really have no reason to stay, except to protect the corporate interests there.

But morally, we owe the people of those countries - big time. We really do.

We owe our American soldiers a lot more than we owe anyone, though. They did what we asked - and they are being treated badly. That bothers me.