Reagan: Where the Liberal Money Goes

By Michael Reagan
February 9, 2011 6:30 am
1 Comment

We keep hearing claims that a lot of money goes into the pockets of so-called right-wing groups, but we hear nary a word from the media of where the really big bucks originate and where they end up.

That’s too bad, because if the truth were known Americans would discover that those huge political contributions we keep hearing about really help finance far-left candidates and their generally wacko political causes.

Liberals already control many aspects of American life, and they have undue influence on the Internet. Let's get the Internet back and stop supporting the Democrats with our dollars.

What do I mean? As I reported last summer, people who use e-mail or other services from companies such as Google, AOL, Yahoo, Microsoft and Apple are unwittingly helping the liberals. These companies are, and will continue to be, huge supporters of those who are damaging our country.

The influence of these companies also extends internationally, where the liberal grip on the Internet has been demonstrated anew in the turmoil in Egypt. There, according to media reports, it is playing a key role in stirring up the mass protests that are clogging the streets of Cairo and other Egyptian cities such as Alexandria, and fueling demands for the immediate ouster of President Hosni Mubarak.

While I support the Egyptians who truly yearn for greater freedom on the American model, I am concerned that the movement is being manipulated by those who favor a hard-line, Iranian-style, Islamic theocracy.

According to The Jerusalem Post, Google executive Wael Ghonim, just released from 12 days of Egyptian detention, confirmed that he was responsible for the Facebook page that ignited “the revolution of the youth of the Internet.â€