Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Real Anti-Americans by Patrick J. Buchanan

The Real Anti-Americans
    by Patrick J. Buchanan

03/30/2010

As Democrats, after a Sunday rally on the Capitol grounds, marched to the House hand-in-hand to vote health care reform, Tea Partiers reportedly shouted the "n-word" at John Lewis and another black congressman. A third was allegedly spat upon. And Barney Frank was called a nasty name.

Tea Partiers deny it all. And neither audio nor video of this alleged incident has been produced, though TV cameras and voice recorders were everywhere on the Hill.

Other Democrats say their offices were vandalized and they've been threatened. A few received, and eagerly played for cable TV, obscene phone calls they got.

If true, this is crude and inexcusable behavior. And any threat should be investigated. But Democrats are also exploiting these real, imaginary or hoked-up slurs to portray themselves as political martyrs and to smear opponents as racists and bigots.

This is the politics of desperation.

Majority Whip James Clyburn accuses Republicans of "aiding and abetting ... terrorism." New York Times columnist Frank Rich compared the Tea Party treatment of Democrats to Nazi treatment of the Jews during Kristallnacht:

"How curious that a mob fond of likening President Obama to Hitler knows so little about history that it doesn't recognize its own small-scale mimicry of Kristallnacht."

Kristallnacht, "Crystal Night," the "Night of Broken Glass," was the worst pogrom in Germany since the Middle Ages. Synagogues were torched and hundreds of businesses smashed. Shattered glass covered the streets. Women were assaulted and men beaten and murdered. After that terrible night, half the Jews remaining in Germany fled.

To compare a brick tossed through the window of a congressional office and two shouted slurs to Kristallnacht suggests a growing paranoia on the left about the populist right.

Not since the Civil Rights Act of 1964 made "some Americans run off the rails," said Rich, have we seen anything like this.

Was Rich awake in 1964? Because it wasn't the right that went off the rails. The really big riot in 1964 was in Harlem, lasting five days, with 500 injured and as many arrested. The Watts riot in 1965, Detroit and Newark in 1967, Washington, D.C., and 100 other cities in 1968, all bringing troops into American cities, were not the work of George Wallace populists or Barry Goldwater conservatives. They were the work of folks who went "all the way with LBJ."

Nor was it Young Americans for Freedom that burned ROTC buildings, vandalized professors' offices, toted the guns at Cornell or took over Columbia in 1968. And it was not the Birchers who set off that 1970 explosion in the Greenwich Village townhouse that killed three radicals and aborted the terrorist bombing of the NCO club at Fort Dix.

No, this was not the New Right. This was the New Left, and it was Obama not John Boehner who used to "pal around" with one of the boys who did the Pentagon and Capitol Hill bombings.

As for calling Barney Frank a naughty name, that is not nice. But one wonders what Rich thought of the students marching under Viet Cong flags chanting, about the man who signed that Civil Rights Act, "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?" and, "Ho, Ho, Ho Chi Minh, the NLF is going to win," when American boys were dying in the hundreds every week fighting the communist NLF?

The 1967 attack on the Pentagon, where thousands tried to break through military police to get into the building, was the work of left-wing radicals. Did the Tea Party folks who chanted, "Kill the bill," outside the House behave worse than that?

Some of us recall the anarchy of May Day 1971, when 15,000 leftists tried to shut down Washington on a Monday morning by rolling logs onto Canal Road, smashing car windows, blocking traffic circles and wilding in Georgetown. Most wound up behind a chain-link fence at the Armory.

How many were arrested on Capitol Hill Sunday a week ago?

Not one Tea Partier, man or woman.

The "mass hysteria" of the Tea Party right, writes Rich, is at root about race. "By 2012 ... non-Hispanic white births will be in the minority. The Tea Party is virtually all white. ... Their anxieties about a rapidly changing America are well-grounded."

Rich is implying that when America's white majority disappears, in 2042 according to 2008 Census Bureau projections, the day of the white conservative is over.

Given the rise in ethnic consciousness among all Americans, Rich may be right. But it is not just white folks who want illegal aliens deported and legal immigration curtailed, while 25 million of our own are out of work or underemployed.

A Zogby poll for the Center for Immigration Studies found that 56 percent of Hispanics, 57 percent of Asian-Americans and 68 percent of African-Americans think legal immigration is too high.

If the Tea Party folks think it is leftist elites who detest and wish to be rid of the America they grew up in and love, they are right.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36257&s=rcmp
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DON'T KNOW QUITE WHERE TO PUT THIS

Time magazine's April 5, 2010 issue, under "The World" titled: Acorn to Close Doors (?) [on account of really mean "conservative activists." (not concerned American citizens) ]

The article is jam packed with useful tidbits such as Acorn, "registered the poor to vote." (no mention of voter fraud)

Acorn, "counseled low-income homeowners." (no mention that that help consisted of how to fill out fraudulent applications to cheat the government) (that's us)

Acorn, "fought to raise the minimum wage." ("Mother Theresa couldn't have done a beter job", (my quote).

"Acorn to close doors." (no mention of them leaving town and re-branding funded by tax-payer dollars)

Acorn "has it's funding cut by Congress." (no mention of the tap being turned back on due to a law suit)

Will the MSM propaganda machine (ala Joseph Goebbels, Reich Minister of Propaganda, in Nazi Germany from 1933 to 1945) never cease?

How is it that I (a customer service rep in a small retail store) am better informed, regarding the true nature of a national government funded organization; than a multi-billion dollar world-wide news empire?

OR. is it just out and out fraud, plain and simple? You decide.

p.s. i cancelled my subscription to Time for this very reason. (among others)

CA N WE SUE?

I just read in BusinessWeek magazine, April 5, 2010 issue under an article titled: Attention, Shoppers: This Patent Expired

The article goes on to say that a century-old law, last amended in 1952, lets individuals sue on behalf of the government and that consumers who file such suits split the settlement with the government (that particular law concerns patents.)

Point is we ARE a nation of laws depite rumors to the contrary.

Could there be any such laws that would allow us to sue for intentionally "providing false information" under cover of something or another? (don't these people have business licenses or something?) I am being serious here. these people are going to continue to walk all over us until we "put our foot down."

Can it really be true that an entire population is being held hostage by a news media reporting or UNDER-REPORTING facts that may or not have any relationship with reality? (mobs of thousands of Mexican nationalists protesting in the street threatening our existence, never get's a mention, but a lost cat is front page news?)

That used to happen a lot in Nazi Germany, or so i hear.

Something doesn't sound quite right.

Could anyone disagree that a liberally biased MSM (aka bama's base) has absolutely gone over-the-top and crossed the line into out-and-out fraud when reporting the news? (TPP racist right-wing fringe bomb throwing activists yelling fire in a movie-house, while targeting democrats with death)? but no mention of Roy being assaulted?

If i file a false police report, don't i get in trouble?

I refuse to believe these "news sources" have no accountability whatsoever under a "Fair News Act" or something or another? ooops. that may not have been the best example, but now that i think of IT isn't THAT the point???

Trying hard to think "out of box" here. i am tired of being conned by the same people I PAY, FOR AN ACCURATE ACCOUNT OF THE NEWS?

ISN'T IT FRAUD WHEN YOU TAKE MONEY FOR "A PRODUCT" AND SAID PRODUCT IS RECEIVED IN AN UNWORKABLE FORM? (PRODUCT WARRANTY?)

Even can openers have warranties for Christ's sake.

P.S. it is a stone cold fact that of all the political assassinations in this country; 90 percent have been committed by liberals. source: "GUILTY"---Liberal "victims" and their assault on America, by Ann Coulter.

Don't let them (liberals) fool you. again.