Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Red Cross Bans Christmas

More outrageous PC

The Red Cross bans Christmas
    http://blacklistednews.com/The-Red-C...29/29/Y/M.html
    Published on 12-20-2010

Christmas has been banned by the Red Cross from its 430 fund-raising shops.
    Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.
    The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.
    Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it.
    'When we send cards they have to say season's greetings or best wishes. They must not be linked directly to Christmas.
    'When we asked we were told it is because we must not upset Moslems.'
    Mrs Banks added: ' We have been instructed that we can't say anything about Christmas and we certainly can't have a Christmas tree.
    ' I think the policy is offensive to Moslems as well as to us. No reasonable person can object to Christians celebrating Christmas. But we are not supposed to show any sign of Christianity at all.'

http://Read more: <a href="http://ww...z18emTPHxZ</a>
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

working4change
    We should all contact them and complain

Banned
    God that disappoints me. I thought we were beyond this.
    Christ---mas is a time for giving and Joy to The World.
    Not a negative concept, am I wrong?
    No matter your belief. Christmas decorations are Freedom of Speech!
    There Art. In my opinion. And they make most people happy in an insane world.

Simple don't donate to the Red Cross, when I see these events occur I use my billfold to make a statement.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I prefer the Salvation Army myself. I always donate to their bell ringers. However if I hear a Happy Holidays instead of a Merry Christmas, my money goes back in my pocket.

Does it not seem that the America that I have always loves is being attacked on all sides? Our beliefs, our culture, where does it stop?

I had to check to make sure they hadn't caved!

The Salvation Army
    Christmas Charity
    The "miracle" of Christmas is repeated over and over again through the joy of caring and sharing.The traditional red kettle is an integral part of the Christmas scene, with millions of dollars donated each year to aid needy families, seniors, and the homeless, in keeping with the spirit of the season.

Donations provide Christmas dinners, clothing, and toys for families in need. Financial assistance also helps with basic necessities, along with seasonal aid. Families of prisoners often are included.

Volunteers distribute gifts to shut-ins in hospitals and nursing homes, and shelters are open for sit-down dinners. The Salvation Army endeavors to bring spiritual light and love to those it serves at Christmas so that the real meaning of the season is not forgotten.

Many families receive aid over a period of months after the Christmas season as well, people struggling with difficult family, emotional, or employment problems.
    http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www ... enDocument

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    We should all contact them and complain

im with you we all should complain . up set the moslems well this is our country Not your you don't like it move the hell out. every one that come . want every thing free. you don't like christmas well I don't like how you dress but we have to put up with it as for the red cross they don't get any more Money from me & I will tell all My friends it Our Christmas . & we like decoration as I said be for you all don't like the way American live . get the hell out . I don't say Happy holiday I say Merry Christmas . I from the old school & I like it that way good OLD American way
    we should Complain this Is American well the Moslems up set the USA
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They want it both ways, its the new thought process under the obama admin. Our way or else! lame!!! PC has ruined our way of of life.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Yes, a call is in order. This is an article from the UK (sorry but I saw "red" when I saw the title) but I can certainly tell them they better not be trying that crap here or their contribution will drop drastically.

I'm with you guys, no contributions to any organization that kow-tows so disgracefully.
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Wow- the Red CROSS bans Christmas decorations? At least there are some Muslims who are fair and protest along with the Christians...but sounds like we need to start writing our checks to other relief organizations instead until they gave up their anti-Christmas stance....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast