Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reid believes they have votes to pass Stimulus bill Friday

No deal yet on stimulus plan
    By DAVID ROGERS | 2/5/09 1:21 PM EST Updated: 2/5/09 10:24 PM EST Text Size:

Meetings intensified among a bipartisan bloc of senators seeking to trim close to $90 billion from a massive economic recovery bill nearing final action.
    Photo: AP

As an impatient White House watched on the sidelines, the Senate backed away from a legislative stand-off Thursday night, hoping that a little sleep and another sunrise will yield the bipartisan deal needed to ensure passage this week of a massive economic recovery bill sought by President Barack Obama.

“I do believe that at this moment that we’re going to be able to achieve it,â€

Great, I wake up to find out I get pork for breakfast
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Astounding when polls indicate that Americans don't want this package to go forward. Here's a clue Senators - start with the butterfly farm and dog park and go from there. We aren't stupid and we know what kind of nonsense you included in this cash give-away.

And here I've been responsible all these years - paid off mortgage, no credit card balance - and my reward is to pay for other people's irresponsible spending habits. This bill does nothing but reward failure and punish the responsible.

What about the banks who lent wisely? Nothing! But billions for those that failed at their jobs.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Astounding when polls indicate that Americans don't want this package to go forward. Here's a clue Senators - start with the butterfly farm and dog park and go from there. We aren't stupid and we know what kind of nonsense you included in this cash give-away.

And here I've been responsible all these years - paid off mortgage, no credit card balance - and my reward is to pay for other people's irresponsible spending habits. This bill does nothing but reward failure and punish the responsible.

What about the banks who lent wisely? Nothing! But billions for those that failed at their jobs.
    AMEN!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)