Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: buying American has become a joke..

Quote Originally Posted by bluecollar
    Buying American has become a joke...letz do a quick poll of how many of u drive japanese cars. "Buying American" somehow seems to be restricted to only groceries and small ticket items.

sell ur japanese made cars buy GM buy Ford. These are American icons.
    GM destroyed my home town, they can keep their vehicles. Besides most of the components are built offshore. Now they are simply assembled here and not all of them are.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Don't look now, but most Japanese cars you see on the road were made here by American workers. They've had plants here for years.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Don't look now, but most Japanese cars you see on the road were made here by American workers. They've had plants here for years.
    Thanks, Betsy, I feel better. Hopefully, the secondhand Japanese car I bought was made by American workers.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

buying American

Toyota is a corporate entity controlled by Japanese. We are just a "market". A fraction of Toyota's, Honda's employees are based in America. Their research and design facilities are based in Japan. What happens on our shore is pure assembly. With some astute mktg they have reduced the American guilt of owning a toyota. And Betsy you have bought into that.

GM & Ford research, design & build cars here. Yes competetve pressure has driven them to outsource auto parts like brake kits, electricals etc. But all qualitative research and assembly is done here.

American know how of automobile engineering is represented by the capabilities of GM/Ford etc. European expertise in automobile engineering is represented by BMW, Benz etc. Japanese know how in automobile engineering is represented by Toyota/Honda etc.

Say if toyota comes with ground breaking technology that increases mileage to 60 mpg. We sure will be driving those cars. Americans will assemble the cars. But it is a testament to Japanese engineering skills.

News headlines will read "Japanese have made strides in automobile engineering"

The best judge of what serves America is not simply that American workers were employed. Americans need to own the technology and capability as well.

Are we fine if Lockheed martin was an European company but has been assembling F16s in America for years.

Will America have itz standing in the world if Google, Microsoft, Boeing were foreign owned companies but employed Americans.

Im dissatisfied with my Ford pickup. But I will give Ford and GM a chance, everytime. Patriotism is not buying the best product right ? When you buy toyota for itz merits, you are a customer. When Im willing to give Ford a chance to catch up with Toyota in spite of itz shortcomings Im an American.

My ranting is useless. Buy American in everybody's mind is limited to small $$ items. When it comes to purchases like cars "value for money" takes over. Easy to point at "corporate greed". People who drive foreign made cars shouldnt complain about outsourcing. Because when it came to their money they made the same decision.

Like in the past I will be abused for this post. Im willing to take it. Inconvenient truth.

(In November, nearly 1.4 million people -- almost one in five of those unemployed -- had been jobless for at least 27 weeks, the juncture when unemployment insurance benefits end for most recipients. That is about twice the level of long-term unemployment before the 2001 recession. Quote from link by sofedup http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02368.html)

My best friend has higher education and is unemployed. She keeps applying for entry level jobs and they don't give her a fair shake. The article has the example of the person who sent out over 100 resumes and turned up 4 interviews. My friend has done more than that and has only had one interview.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12