Ruppert: We’re at the Zero Point of Systemic Collapse

Mac Slavo- February 5th, 2011

Former police officer, journalist, documentary producer and founder of Collapsenet Michael Ruppert discusses the precipice of global events as we move ever closer to falling of the edge of the cliff:

(Video follows excerpts and commentary)

We’re at the zero point of systemic collapse. That’s really the point at which it becomes clear that we are experiencing living through a system’s failure of human industrial civilization.

A forecast not unlike those we’ve made over the course of the last several years. Mr. Ruppert suggests we’re much closer now, than ever before, to a complete collapse of our economic, social, and political systems. Like others, Ruppert believes the events unfolding in the Middle East are warning signs of what’s to come:

These are all marked by self immolation. People burning themselves, trying to burn themselves to death, in public as a form of protest. That tells you how desperately hungry and how desperately frustrated people are in the Arab world. It will not be long before we start seeing the same events happening in Europe and happening here as well. This is a very dangerous time.

It has been reported that over a dozen individuals in the Middle East have set themselves on fire (video) over the course of the last month. One could argue that we’ve already seen at east one similar event, though not specifically self immolation, resulting from frustration. One recent event that comes to mind is the attack on the IRS building in Austin, Texas when an individual fed up with the state of the nation piloted his plane into the building in protest. We would not be one bit surprised to see self immolation and other extreme protests catalyze an already broke, hungry and frustrated populace.

What series of events could be so severe that people will be taken to the breaking point? There are several, according to Ruppert, and once they happen they could very quickly and violently force an irreversible plunge:

A bill promoted by Newt Gingrich, that will allow states to file bankruptcy, is moving on fast track through Congress. Within days of that being passed you will see states around the country start to go bankrupt…

…You will see tens and perhaps hundreds of thousands of state employees laid off and fired, you will see pension funds dissappeared overnight, you will see wages lowered, you will see much more civil unrest in this country.

I would argue that it’s already begun, especially with the crime wave that’s now coming, not just against police officers. But, I’m also tracking violent crime and the predators who understand that there’s a much lessened law enforcement presence out there. They’re feeding on this energy of collapse, are coming out aggressively looking for victims. It’s very important that you learn how not to be one.

So this is systemic.

The debt crisis affecting states is just one of the many threats facing our country and the rest of the world. The entire system, from the individual consumer to the world’s ‘only remaining’ super power, is leveraged to the limit and it can come crashing down at anytime and for a variety of reasons we’ve discussed in past commentary - sovereign debt default, hyperinflation, food affordability- to name a few. Ruppert provides some others:

We also have climate collapse, mass extinction, the Gulf of Mexico - it’s absolutely clear that the Gulf of Mexico is dead - and the people who have been exposed to that are very sick and dying. That’s not coming back.

There is nothing we can do to prevent it [collapse]. No matter what we do…The last three words that I spoke at the biggest lecture I ever had at the University of Washington Seattle in 2005 - the last three words were Prepare, Prepare, Prepare.

Can a collapse of the world as we have come to know it be prevented at this point? We’re not qualified to make that prediction, but we’re certainly not going to wait around to find out. There seem to be too many things, both natural and man-made, working against us.

We can hope for change. We can even take steps to enact change. But just in case, we’re going to be prepared in the event that we are in the midst of collapse right here and now.

I am absolutely convinced now - and Collapsenet will be moving in this direction - I am convinced that our primary job now is to help you prepare.

What I don’t see is anybody preparing on how to deal with civil unrest, massive huge increases in violent crime, for massive dislocations, for food shortages…

A lot can go wrong in the today’s fragile geo-political climate.

Start with the right attitude and mentality - the survivor attitude; someone who is not prey, as Mr. Ruppert refers to it - and then you can confidently move into physical preparations.

Immediate preparations to take care of yourself. Three months worth of food. Fresh water. First aid supplies. If you’re going to buy weapons for self defense, do it now….training on that…

Visit Collapsenet for more of Michael Ruppert’s preparedness advice, and also check out the free resources available at the Top 50 Preparedness and Survival Blogs. Also check out our Michael Ruppert section for more videos and commentary.

Watch Michael Ruppert Discuss the Zero Point of Systemic Collapse:

Video: Mike Ruppert - The Beginning Of Systemic Failure - Latest Update, 26th January 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQx5yX55 ... r_embedded

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-prepa ... e_02052011