Rush Limbaugh: Send Obama to be head of Egypt

'Don't tell me he can't run for president because he wasn't born there'

Posted: February 02, 2011
2:27 pm Eastern
By Joe Kovacs
© 2011 WorldNetDaily

PALM BEACH, Fla. – Radio host Rush Limbaugh took a jab today at President Obama by suggesting the American commander in chief be dispatched to Egypt and become head of state there to deal with ongoing violence.

"Why don't we send Obama over to Egypt to be their president?" Limbaugh asked rhetorically on his program.

"And don't tell me he can't run for president of Egypt because he wasn't born there. I don't want to hear that. Apparently, he can be president anywhere he wants to be. Maybe a movement to get Obama's name on the Egyptian ballot. He likes it over there. I'm halfway serious about this."

Video: Let Obama Go Run For President In Egypt And Don't Tell Me He Can't Because He Wasn't Born There http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvolwf4Z ... r_embedded

Limbaugh made the suggestion during analysis of the violence, which he speculated could be fueled by statements from Obama himself:

Could it have been Obama's remarks last night that started all of the new violence in Cairo? He insisted that the transition start immediately, and it looks like it started with a vengeance. And we have news reports [that] Egypt's foreign ministry is blaming last night's remarks by Obama about how the transition must begin immediately for inciting today's violence. ... So, where's the outrage? Shouldn't Obama be held accountable for his inciteful rhetoric? Folks, I'm being dead serious.

I could be watching a football game on a Saturday afternoon, bothering nobody, minding my own business, a congresswoman gets shot in Arizona, and I hear that Sarah Palin and I are responsible for it 30 minutes later when I have never spoken about this woman. To be honest with you, I had never heard of her until it happened. It's just the way it was. I had never brought her up. I had never spoken about her. Well, here's Obama going on television demanding all these changes in Egypt, getting out in front of the mob, and the Egyptian foreign ministry is even suggesting that maybe Obama's speech last night had something to do with the outbreak of violence. ...

It gets a little tiresome to sit here and listen to the left try to make all these bogus, fraudulent, phony connections for the express purpose of censorship, shutting us down and so forth, and here these guys are out there actually participating in it.

Speaking from the White House last night, President Obama encouraged the Egyptian government to begin a peaceful transition.

"An orderly transition must be meaningful, must be peaceful, and must begin now," said Obama, who also noted it's not the duty of other countries to determine who will lead Egypt. "The Egyptian people can do that," he said.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=258837