Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush: Mosque Issue shows 1st Anti-American President

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38587

Rush: Mosque Issue Shows Us We Have Our First Anti-American President

by Connie Hair

08/17/2010

The great Maha Rushie took to the airwaves Monday -- energized and rested after a relaxing weekend, he informed listeners, and making the case that President Obama has progressed from being the first post-American President to the first anti-American President.

In case you missed it, here’s a mere snippet of what you missed on Monday’s Rush Limbaugh Radio Program (you can find the rest of this segment here on Rush's website):

RUSH: Let me just ask you one quick question here, folks. If instead of a mosque, somebody wanted to build a Wal-Mart near the World Trade Center, the left, that is to say the unions, including Obama, would be up in arms at the loss of community. You can't find a Wal-Mart in New York City to this day. There are 30 mosques at least. I think there's a mosque, what, 10, 20 blocks from Ground Zero already. You try to put a Wal-Mart there, and can you imagine the uproar? I mean this is the first time in a long time, Snerdley, that I can recall the Democrats, the liberals ever even caring about property rights. Really. (laughing) Look, there's so much here. There is so much to learn here. You know, we thought Obama was our first post-American president. We might have underestimated him. Our first anti-American president. Here's a guy Snerdley says is in meltdown, and I don't know.

Now, the administration might be in meltdown because Robert Gates, the Defense secretary, wants out, says he's quitting in 2011. Christina Romer, who believes in supply-side economics, she jumped ship, she is going back to Berkeley. Orszag left. Maybe he's got some more illegitimate kids we don't know about that he's gotta raise, but he was the Office of Management and Budget director. He's outta there only 20 minutes into the regime. I think a lot of people inside the administration think this guy's a disaster and they're running for the tall grass, and I think it's going to be tough to find any self-respecting individual to be Secretary of Defense. One of the reasons Gates wants out of there is that Obama's internally talking about slashing that budget like crazy. He might have to go as far as getting Cindy Sheehan to take the gig, depending on, you know, what kind of self-respecting people will be asked to head up the Department of Defense.

How about, folks, let's do this. Let's suggest that we build a Shinto temple right next to the Arizona Memorial out at Pearl Harbor. Why? We want outreach and to show we have no hard feelings. Put a Shinto temple there. How about a mosque next to the Pentagon? Why stop at the World Trade Center? Put a mosque next to the Pentagon. And let's put a mosque right next to the soon-to-be completed Flight 93 national memorial in Pennsylvania. I mean if outreach is what we're talking about here, why stop at the World Trade Center? I mean let's go all the way. But just remember a Wal-Mart would mean up in arms. I've looked at some of the partisan political operative media headlines, and this is just hilarious. In no particular order, this is Karen Tumulty and Michael Shear from a panicked spinning Washington Post yesterday: "Obama: Backing Muslims' Right to Build NYC Mosque is Not an Endorsement." Politico: "GOP Takes Harsher Stance Towards Islam." (laughing) Mark Halperin in TIME Magazine: Republicans be careful, you better not come out against this mosque. You've been doing okay up 'til now but you better not -- (laughing) Hamas has come out in support of the mosque. Hamas is agreeing with Obama, Hamas, a terror organization. We've got the audio. (laughing)

But "GOP Takes Harsher Stance Towards Islam." I remember Roger Simon, Poltico, back during the Journolist days, he wrote this embarrassing denial of his publication's flagrant bias after reading Ben Smith's embarrassing analysis of how the Republicans have responded to the attempt to build a victory shrine back on July 28th: "This may be the most embarrassing thing I have ever written -- and looking back on my writing, there is a lot of competition for that dubious distinction -- but when I became a reporter, it was almost a holy calling. We really believed we were doing good." He's embarrassed about all of the bias that showed up on the Journolist. And now his publication comes out: "GOP Takes Harsher Stance Towards Islam." (laughing) Damn, folks. You can't get any better. And the Politico doubling down: "GOP Keeps Mosque Flap Alive." (laughing) Do you realize what a laughingstock you have become? (laughing) "GOP Keeps Mosque Flap Alive."

LA Times: "Obama Supports Plan for Mosque Near Ground Zero." This is where everybody started trying to walk it back. Washington Post: "Obama: Backing Muslims' Right to Build NYC Mosque is Not an Endorsement." That's the headline. LA Times: "Mosque Dispute Takes Obama Off Message on Gulf Coast." (laughing) I don't know what the message of the Gulf Coast was. I guess that it's okay to go in a bay nearby the Gulf and go swimming out there and eat shrimp and stop and have some ice cream. But the president's constant message is off message here. The state operative media here screwed him up. "The frenzy over his remarks muddles his main mission of showing the beaches are open for business," is the subhead. Let's go to the audio sound bites, shall we? Let's go back, in fact, to September 14th, 2001, this is George W. Bush at Ground Zero talking to the firemen and the rescue workers. And this will give you an idea of just how far we've come.

BUSH: The rest of the world hears you, and the people -- (cheers and applause) and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon. (cheers and applause)

RUSH: Right on, right on, right on. That's Bush September 14th, 2001. Here is our sophisticated intellectual, educated, post-partisan, post-American, post-racist President Barack Obama, at the annual Iftar dinner celebrating the end of Ramadan.

OBAMA: Let me be clear. As a citizen and as President I believe that Muslims have the right to practice their religion as everyone else in this country. (applause) That includes the right to build a place of worship in a community center on private property in lower Manhattan in accordance with local laws and ordinances. This is America.

RUSH: Yeah.

OBAMA: And our commitment to religious freedom must be unshakable.

RUSH: Right on.

OBAMA: The principle that people of all faiths are welcome in this country.

RUSH: Right on.

OBAMA: And that they will not be treated differently by their government is essential to who we are. The writ of the Founders must endure.

RUSH: Right. Okay. Let's try a nativity scene next to the mosque then and see what happens. And then let's put a nativity scene next to the New York Times building and see what happens. And let's put a nativity scene on the White House grounds this holiday season, see what happens. All right, so there you have it. Now it was very clear here Obama's endorsing building a mosque two blocks from Ground Zero. By the way, I have heard people raising the point, "But, Rush, what's the big deal? Nothing hit that building." It was an old coat manufacturer, coat factory, Remington Coat Factory or something that was shut down. USA Today has a story, I've seen it in a couple other places, that some of the landing gear and other debris did hit that building, went through the roof. Nobody was in there. But if that's true, if debris from the attacks actually hit that building, then that building is part of hallowed ground. But people are saying, "It's only two blocks, I mean it's not even there." Well, then why do you want to put it there? Why not 15 blocks away? Why not 20 blocks away?

There's no question this is an act of provocation and even Muslims know it.
    A couple of them have written about it in the Canadian media. But there's no doubt here, right? By the way, the same imam has a mosque 12 blocks away from Ground Zero. He wants to have one two blocks away, community outreach, and Obama, there you heard it, clearly endorsing it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

I've heard a couple of great suggestions for businesses next door to the proposed mosque.

The three winners were a muslim mens gay bar, an interfaith straight dating service and a pork sausage factory.