Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Cornyn:ACORN Money Must Go (from Stimulus Bill)

Sen. Cornyn: ACORN Money Must Go
    Thursday, January 29, 2009 6:26 PM
    By: David A. Patten

Winning GOP support for the trillion-dollar stimulus package may prove impossible unless President Obama and Senate Democrats drop the $5.2 billion slated for organizations such as ACORN, which has been accused of massive voter-registration fraud.

On Thursday, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, issued a statement referring to ACORN as a “pet projectâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I thought they were taking that out. LOL I tell ya....these plans need to be gone through with a fine tooth comb. I've noticed that since I'm in a Democratic state......I hear more and more where they're looking for a loophole to get around their own laws than they are about obeying them. I was listening to this one woman argue about some of this pork on TV......like it's fine, hey it's just a few million, we let you have your thing and this is just nit-picky nonsense.....on down the line. YA....it is nit-picky. Very expensive nonsense. For too long there's this porks thrown in and the attempts never end. I do seriously hope Obama does what he says......line by line.....no pork.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

These Congress people need to actually start reading the bills, even if it is 600 plus pages. They need to sit down with a yellow highlighter and start to do their job of protecting the American people. The young staffers, many without a clue in life or an agenda that may not line up with their own bosses, read the legislation and then tell the Senators what to do and how to vote. Laziness abounds in Congress with their short work days and their blustering about their great knowledge and successes.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.