Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate passes $700B 'sweetened' rescue package

Senate passes $700B 'sweetened' rescue package

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS and CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writers 9 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - After one spectacular failure, the $700 billion financial industry bailout found a second life Wednesday, winning lopsided passage in the Senate and gaining ground in the House, where Republicans opposition softened.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Senators loaded the economic rescue bill with tax breaks and other sweeteners before passing it by a wide margin, 74-25, a month before the presidential and congressional elections.

In the House, leaders were working feverishly to convert enough opponents of the bill to push it through by Friday, just days after lawmakers there stunningly rejected an earlier version and sent markets plunging around the globe.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/financial_meltdown
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Can you believe they have this on their web site

Written in 1787, ratified in 1788, and in operation since 1789, the United States Constitution remains a vital and living document. Having been strengthened by amendments, the Constitution serves as both guide and protector of U.S. citizens and their elected officials. To encourage all Americans to learn more about the Constitution, Congress in 2004 established Constitution Day, to be celebrated each year on or near September 17th, the date in 1787 when delegates to the Convention signed the Constitution.

The United States Senate is proud to commemorate this day with several articles on this Web site, including a feature on a painting depicting Roger Sherman and Oliver Ellsworth composing the Connecticut Compromise. This agreement settled the issue of representation in the two houses of Congress, giving each state equal representation in the Senate.

For more information on the Constitution and its place as the framework for the U.S. government please visit the Senate's Art and History and Reference Web pages.

http://www.senate.gov/

They sure need to look at the document and start abiding by it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

April
    WE CANNOT GIVE UP AND WE CANNOT GIVE IN!!! THE HOUSE IS OUT LAST CHANCE TO STOP THIS TRAVESTY!

NO BAILOUT!!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! NO MEANS NO!!

ROAR SOME MORE PATRIOTS!!!

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!!!

U.S. SENATE AND HOUSE CONTACT INFORMATION:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-63874.html

TOLL FREE

Congressional Switchboard Numbers

800-833-6354
    866-340-9281
    877-762-8762
    866-808-0065
    866-220-0044

ZIP CODES

http://www.555us.com/555FL/555fl_zipcodes.htm

Here in California, Senator Diane Feinstein received 95,000 phone calls concerning the bailout bill today.

85,000 calls were against the bailout, and 10,000 calls were in favor of it. She voted yes.

According to the MSM, and some of the politicians, people all across the country had begun to change their minds, and had been calling them today, encouraging them to vote yes for the bailout.

I flat out believe they are lying. I do not believe people changed their minds. I believe people are terrified of putting untold billions of their tax dollars BACK into the hands of a bunch of powerful, unethical, crooks!
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

by the way, the SENATE side of this tonight, was 850 BILLION

I know in CA both Senators voted for the bill. Boxer is not going up for re-election when her seat is up I think in 2010. I know Gov. Terminator is thinking of running for her seat.

I now wonder if Feinstein is going to retire when her seat is up in November 6, 2012. She was born in 1933 so she is currently 75, so she would be 79 in 2012 if she ran again.

So I think that is why the basically wrote off all of their voters, because they could.

Boxer was born in 1940 so she is 68, so she will be 70 when her seat is up for re-election on November 2, 2010.

I mean why else would you "diss" over 85,000 people?

They really just don't care. That is why we have to really start voting people out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodOleDays
    Here in California, Senator Diane Feinstein received 95,000 phone calls concerning the bailout bill today.

85,000 calls were against the bailout, and 10,000 calls were in favor of it. She voted yes.

According to the MSM, and some of the politicians, people all across the country had begun to change their minds, and had been calling them today, encouraging them to vote yes for the bailout.

I flat out believe they are lying. I do not believe people changed their minds. I believe people are terrified of putting untold billions of their tax dollars BACK into the hands of a bunch of powerful, unethical, crooks!
    THEY ARE EITHER LYING ABOUT THIS, OR WALL STREET THUGS MAY HAVE HIRED A CALL CENTER TO CALL IN AND TELL THEM TO VOTE YES. THAT MAY HAVE BEEN HOW THEY GOT SO MANY YES CALLS....IF THEY REALLY GOT THEM. BUT STILL THE NO CALLS OUTWEIGHED THE YES CALLS.

I EMAILED FEINSTEIN AND TOLD HER THAT IF SHE DID NOT VOTE FOR AMERICANS....AMERICANS WOULD NOT VOTE FOR HER. AND I WONT FORGET THIS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Senate passage of this GREAT AMERICAN RIPOFF makes me want to puke!

The Senate is more like a House of Lords...the will of the people means nothing...and these nitwits are too lazy to do anything but take the word of the very lobbyists who have been robbing the country for the last 20 years.

The battle is now in the House. Warm up those phones and tell your friends to call!

I appreciate all that you Alipacers do for the good of America!

Pro patria,

Steve
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Quote Originally Posted by Steve

The Senate is more like a House of Lords...the will of the people means nothing...and these nitwits are too lazy to do anything but take the word of the very lobbyists who have been robbing the country for the last 20 years.

The battle is now in the House. Warm up those phones and tell your friends to call!

Pro patria,

Steve
    WE WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS. THE "YES" VOTE FROM THE SENATE ONLY MAKES ME FIGHT HARDER.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve

Pro patria,

Steve
    WE WILL NOT GIVE UP ON THIS. THE "YES" VOTE FROM THE SENATE ONLY MAKES ME FIGHT HARDER.
    \

ABSOLUTELY THE WAY I FEEL!!! THEY HAVE JUST MADE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE MORE DETERMINED TO BE HEARD!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast