Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Senator DeMint bucks Republican party, backs conservative in

Senator DeMint bucks Republican party, backs conservative in California race

By Reid Wilson - 11/04/09 06:00 AM ET

Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) endorsed conservative California State Assemblyman Chuck DeVore (R) Tuesday, once again going against the wishes of his party.

The National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) has made no endorsement in the California Senate race, but party leaders favor former Hewlett-Packard executive Carly Fiorina (R), a wealthy centrist whom many believe could give Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) a strong challenge.

Later this month, Fiorina will be the guest of honor at a Washington fundraiser featuring Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), John Thune (R-S.D.), Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) and three others, along with veterans of McCain’s 2008 presidential bid, for which Fiorina served as a key spokeswoman.

But DeMint is rarely persuaded by appeals to party loyalty. Earlier this year, he became one of several very conservative Republican senators to back former Florida House Speaker Marco Rubio (R) over Gov. Charlie Crist (R). Now he is backing DeVore.

“Chuck DeVore is a proven, tested conservative who is gaining momentum. He’s the kind of leader who we can count on to stand up for common-sense conservative principles in the United States Senate,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am thankful for men like Sen DeMint who knows a conservative when they see one.

I called the National Republican Party and asked why they were allowing a "communist" supporter to be on the Republican ticket for Governor.

There are more than enough videos on You Tube, showing Meg Whitman speaking of her "love" for Van Jones and her great cruise with him.

This one is the "Love Boat" one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFfciwRqaU

But the one I like the best is the one with Glenn Beck interspersed talking about Van Jones with the support of Van Jones speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI-RBNO2 ... re=related

Watch this and then ask yourself if the Republicans even know what is in the "by laws" of their organization?

I mean how can you "join" a party - when the party doesn't even stand for it's own "by laws"?