Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We can only imagine the abundance of news which is now kept from the public. That is what comes of government owned news media.

My dog got Pedigree canned food, yogurt and carrots as treats and was fine with that until a few years ago, when he suddenly developed allergies and the vet put him on a canned and dry kibble diet (prescription only) of potato and duck, venison and whitefish. It is costing a fortune, but I could no longer stand to see him chew his paws and rub his nose on the walls and carpet trying to get relief.
    I know there are websites that have all kinds of recipes for making your own pet food, but before I start cooking I have to make sure the allergies are not due to something like plain chicken, lamb or beef.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I have not heard a thing about this, what is your source?

W
    It's at the top of that page.
    http://www.petcare.mars.com/
    When I Googled "Recall Pet Food September 2008", many pages came up. I wanted the exact one that came with my monthly news letter from a Rescue in Clinton Maine called "Charley's Stray's.
    I am mad that the info isn't out there on local or Cable news. At least I haven' seen it and I'm a total news junkie!

A couple of those brands are Wal-Mart & Sam's club pet food...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    So far, so good.

Maybe it's time to try some of the recipes for homemade cat food that are on the internet.

Anyone else use it?

What bothers me about all this is the fact the products, for pets or people, or not labelled to let you know where they were made.

Didn't they once do that?
    My girlfriend cooks turkeys for her dog & he eats what ever veggies she is having at meals

The mandatory labels Law "COOL" (Country Of Origin Label)
    came out yesterday, Oct 1 2008 for meat, veggies, and fruit.

BUT if the meat is cooked, NO LABEL
    If it's a mixed meat like hot dogs or sausage, NO LABEL
    If the fruit or veggies are cut up, NO LABEL!!!
    It's taken 8 years for it to start since it was passed
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Now this could explain why friends of ours had their seemingly healthy dog and cat suddenly drop dead within days of one another two weeks ago.

I will have to find out what they were feeding.
    Ohhhhh, I wish I knew sooner. It's the kidneys and bloody stool.
    I NEVER saw anything on cable news????

Nobody could have known.........I didn't see anything about this either although I'm not surprised by the lack of information.

During the first big recall, I heard nothing about it until someone who got wind of it through the industry let me know there was a problem, and then someone I know on another forum posted the information.

It really didn't seem like the media clued us in until it had been leaked by other sources.

In the case of our friends' pets........the cat developed sudden, bloody diarrhea and passed before he could make it to the vet the following morning. Then, 2-3 days later, she returned home from the grocery and found the dog laying there dead in the hallway. These were both young, indoor animals, had regular vet care, were spoiled rotten.....they were like children to these folks. There just doesn't seem to be any reason that this should have happened.

It was going to cost them well over $3,400.00 to have necropsies performed and they couldn't really afford to spend that kind of money no matter how much they would have liked to.

It's really just so terribly sad
    Bloody stools, that it... show them that list. Probably kidneys on the dog. Tell them I'm so sorry for their loss. I would be devastated losing 2 young animals, let alone 1 pet. It's salmenella poisening.
    Dick Morris

worried

My girlfriend cooks turkeys for her dog & he eats what ever veggies she is having at meals

It's taken 8 years for it to start since it was passed...

I already see a lot of fruits and veggies that are labelled.

Some things will say 'distributed by ____'. I pretty much know that is foreign. It's the other stuff that scares me. Fruits and veggies can have salmonella, but I wash all mine really good with white vinegar. I also cook my meat well done - no rare - not even near rare.

But we don't have a clue what is in processed stuff.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now this could explain why friends of ours had their seemingly healthy dog and cat suddenly drop dead within days of one another two weeks ago.

I will have to find out what they were feeding.
    Ohhhhh, I wish I knew sooner. It's the kidneys and bloody stool.
    I NEVER saw anything on cable news????

Nobody could have known.........I didn't see anything about this either although I'm not surprised by the lack of information.

During the first big recall, I heard nothing about it until someone who got wind of it through the industry let me know there was a problem, and then someone I know on another forum posted the information.

It really didn't seem like the media clued us in until it had been leaked by other sources.

In the case of our friends' pets........the cat developed sudden, bloody diarrhea and passed before he could make it to the vet the following morning. Then, 2-3 days later, she returned home from the grocery and found the dog laying there dead in the hallway. These were both young, indoor animals, had regular vet care, were spoiled rotten.....they were like children to these folks. There just doesn't seem to be any reason that this should have happened.

It was going to cost them well over $3,400.00 to have necropsies performed and they couldn't really afford to spend that kind of money no matter how much they would have liked to.

It's really just so terribly sad
    Bloody stools, that it... show them that list. Probably kidneys on the dog. Tell them I'm so sorry for their loss. I would be devastated losing 2 young animals, let alone 1 pet. It's salmenella poisening.

Thank you WA and yes, I will pass along your condolences. They are absolutely destroyed over this......especially her. He works out of town quite a bit on new utility projects, and their kids are all grown, so the dog and cat were always there to greet her after work and were her company around the house.

Having a houseful of kids and a veritable zoo of our own....I just cannot imagine that kind of deafening silence.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    worried

It's taken 8 years for it to start since it was passed...

I already see a lot of fruits and veggies that are labelled.

Some things will say 'distributed by ____'. I pretty much know that is foreign. It's the other stuff that scares me. Fruits and veggies can have salmonella, but I wash all mine really good with white vinegar. I also cook my meat well done - no rare - not even near rare.

But we don't have a clue what is in processed stuff.
    I saw the report on this. They had the excuse of Processed meat being made of mixed meats.... Believe me they do not want to do this if the items are from China or Mexico. So they find any excuse they can to avoid it. Since it's obvious that those 2 countries are MORE important than Americans or pets. They get their way...

I've been washing my fruit and veggies with my bacterial soap!!!
    Dick Morris

WorriedAmerican

I've been washing my fruit and veggies with my bacterial soap!!! [/quote]

Where is the soap from?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12