A society in the collapse? Disney parks forced to change program for the disabled

Friday, Sep 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM EDT

Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California have made a significant change to their policy regarding disabled guests because of growing abuse by non-disabled park goers.
If you have ever attended a Disney park, you may be familiar with their procedure that allowed disabled guests and their families to bypass the line. But, as the New York Post reported in the spring, non-disabled attendees have begun hiring handicapped people to accompany them to Disney parks in order to cut the line as well.
And now Disney is taking action against the con artists. As The Wall Street Journal reported yesterday, “Because parents scammed the theme parks, now disabled children will lose out.”
“It seems as though we are surrounded and that we have lost our way,” Glenn said on radio this morning. “I believe we’re not surrounded, but I believe we have lost our way.”
The Wall Street Journal reports:
…this week the Walt Disney Co. announced a significant change to procedures at Walt Disney World in Florida and Disneyland in California. No longer will families with disabled children or parents be allowed to go to the front of long lines.
One of the reasons for the change, a Disney spokeswoman told the Orange County Register, was to curtail “abuse of this system” by healthy families pretending that some of its members are ill or disabled.
Glenn explained that because of security concerns, he is forced to go to the front of the line when he visits Disney parks. While he understands that Disney’s policy towards high profile guests is necessary to keep things running smoothly in park, it is a situation that makes him very uncomfortable. Hearing that Disney is now reneging a similar procedure it had for disabled guests because of scammers was, needless to say, infuriating.

“We actually have said we don’t want to do this because I hate going in front. I hate cutting the line. I hate it. I want my kids to stand in line and everything. We’ve asked, but they’re like, ‘Please, no’ because we usually go at the high times of the year if we go,” Glenn explained. “And it bothers me. It bothers me so much… People are standing in line and I hate it. Can you imagine doing it and saying, ‘Oh, I’m doing it because I’ve got a handicapped child’ when you don’t have a handicapped child?”

Video at the Page Link:

It would be one thing to read various media reports about people abusing Disney’s policy, it’s a whole other thing to read that Disney actually feels the need to completely change a policy that adversely affects some of their most fragile customers.
“But here’s the amazing thing – you sit here and you look at this, and I could imagine reading this article and saying, ‘Okay, wow, they caught these guys doing this? Isn’t that bad,” Glenn said. “No, that’s not what this article is. This is the Walt Disney Company having to change their policy to hurt sick children because too many people are doing this. That’s crazy.”
“That’s a sign of a society in collapse right there,” Stu said. “That’s an amazing story, and you’re right. The frequency is what makes it really dark. If this had happened once, it’s a story, right?”
But the abuse didn’t just happen once. It happened enough that it required a significant procedural change.
“That’s the thing that gets me now on stories is it’s like the Common Core stories. If it was one person being shut down and taken off because they stood up against Common Core, to me, that’s a story. But it’s day after day after day, city after city after city,” Glenn explained. “It’s a society completely in not decline but collapse. It is just coming as a full‑fledged collapse. If you can’t say, ‘You know, hey, remember the Tinkerbell and the castle that makes all of our kids cry? And here’s a terminally ill child that’s being wheeled in because this is the child’s last chance to experience some of the magic? Get out of my way! Why are they first?’ That’s a society in full‑fledged collapse.”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/09/27/...-the-disabled/