Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Specter: Protesters not representative of America

Specter: Protesters not representative of America

Sen. Arlen Specter says he thinks people who have been angrily disrupting town hall meetings on health care reform are not necessarily representative of America, but have a right to be heard.

Specter, who heard harsh jeers and taunts at a meeting in Lebanon, Pa., said Wednesday he also believes there "is a mood of anger in America with so many people unemployed, with so much bickering in Washington."

The veteran senator, who recently left the Republican Party and became a Democrat, said he respects the right of opponents to be organized but said they should not be allowed to disrupt others who wish to speak. Specter said on CBS's "The Early Show," that he believes "they're vocal. I don't think they're representative."

Sen. Specter said he would not even refer to town hall protesters as a "vocal minority," because that would give them "some kind of parity."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... erica.html

Specter "is not" representative of America what he does represent is a
    corrupt elitist government.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

How about this? "SPECTER NOT REPRESENTATIVE OF AMERICA"!!!!

Specter's political career is O-V-E-R come next election. I don't know why he even bothers to get up in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Specter's political career is O-V-E-R come next election. I don't know why he even bothers to get up in the morning.
    You better believe it! I plan to remain a democrat just so I can vote against him in the primary, and then I'll register as an Independent.
    <div>
    </div>

I am getting a weird feeling in my gut. Something is not just right. How is it possible for these politicians to act with such disreguard, with such arrogance towards their constituents?

Are they beggining to get scared that Americans are waking up to their corrupt ways, and this is their defensive response with hopes that all goes back to the status quo?

Or, is this just a side line show to take our attention away from other plans or events happening or yet to come?

Or, is this just the media helping to push Americans back into the clutches of the disdained and disenfranchised Republican Party and thus bring back a two party system that assures stability and all is well on the home front?

Just how shakey is the ground that Americans are standing on? I still go back to when the Congress closed it's doors and came out freightened and voted for the bailout for the INVESTMENT banks or all bets were off.

Perhaps the question might be, Who is telling us, as Americans that we have to do anything? That we have to bailout banks. That we have to bailout the auto corps. That we have to have cap and trade. That we have to have health care reform. That we have to have amnesty. Or else what?

working4change