Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steelers VS Kindergartners

Omission Watch: Obama White House Snubs Sobbing Kindergartners for Steelers Event

Via Greg Pollowitz at NRO Media Blog, we learn from the local Washington NBC affiliate that a group of kindergartners from Stafford County, Virginia were turned away at the gate on Thursday morning for being too late for their White House tour.

Parents say they were just 10 minutes late for the scheduled tour. School officials say White House staff said they needed to get ready for the president's event with the Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers, so they couldn't come in.

The person who headed this White House trip up came out and said, 'I’m sorry, the White House tour's off.' There were a lot of crying kids," parent Barbara Stine said....

Paty Stine said the White House staff should have made an exception. She feels the kindergarteners were snubbed for the Steelers.

"Here we have President Obama and his administration saying, 'Here we are for the common, middle class people,' and here he is not letting 150 5- and 6-year-olds into the White House because he’s throwing a lunch for a bunch of grown millionaires," Stine said.

Organizers of the visit from Conway Elementary said they left the school at 8:30, but ran into heavy traffic and were ten minutes late for a 10:15 appointment. White House officials told the local NBC affiliate a different story, that the students were expected at 9:30.

Anyone who lives in northern Virginia knows it would be foolish to only budget an hour to travel Interstate 95 in the morning rush hour from the northern outskirts of Fredericksburg and hope to arrive in downtown Washington. The White House story sounds fishy, although the school probably should have allowed even more time for the commute.

As the White House plans to reschedule after the small amount of embarrassing publicity, school officials are sounding very unperturbed by the snub. A quick Nexis search finds no national network coverage, not even NBC, and nothing in the Washington Post or Washington Times.

But when the smallest Bush boo-boo (like trying to open a locked door in Beijing) can be a major story, skipping this kind of story would demonstrate that network morning shows who love stuffing their broadcasts with light stories of interest to young moms are taking a pass to protect all the gooey Obama family public relations they’ve offered in the first 100 days and more.

—Tim Graham is Director of Media Analysis at the Media Research Center

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham ... steelers-e

This is absolutely horrible! These poor kids were given a taste at 5-6 years old of how our government feels about them. I like the Steelers (although the Cowboys are my team) but if Obama wanted to get the point across that kids are first, then he should have made time to accommodate them. I am sending Obama a nice email now.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Sorry, jshhmr, Redskins will beat the Cowboys in 2035!
    It is pretty sad that these kids were not given the tour, as there is some pretty nifty stuff as far as history to see. Some White House aide could have gotten off their comfy chair and shown the kids around. Obama should have come out for a few minutes and told everyone of them they could be president someday, if they study hard enough. I am sure the Steelers would have also enjoyed talking to the kids. Major PR screwup unless there was some international crisis like China plotting against the Steelers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Steelers VS Kindergartners

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    The person who headed this White House trip up came out and said, 'I’m sorry, the White House tour's off.' There were a lot of crying kids," parent Barbara Stine said....
    Yet, interestingly enough, last week illegals were arrested after roaming and begging for amnesty and benefits in the halls of Congress. No country for old men or their grandchildren is the message I'm getting from Obama.

Snakeoil, what? Illegal kids being arrested in Congress? Got a link because I ain't heard this one before.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Snakeoil, what? Illegal kids being arrested in Congress? Got a link because I ain't heard this one before.
    I didn't say the arrested individuals were kids. I said they were illegals and if you need a link to that story it's right here on this forum.

Sorry Cowboys and Redskins fans, BUT the REAL AMERICA'S TEAM (The Green Packers) WILL RULE in 2009/2010 EVEN IF Favre plays for the Vikings. And yep, I'm a diehard, proud Cheesehead.

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    Sorry Cowboys and Redskins fans, BUT the REAL AMERICA'S TEAM (The Green Packers) WILL RULE in 2009/2010 EVEN IF Favre plays for the Vikings. And yep, I'm a diehard, proud Cheesehead.
    I'm a Packers fan as well. It's just weird not seeing Farvre play for them.
    Hopefully, with Terrell Owens gone, the Cowboys can focus on playing.

Once when I was in the Seattle area back in the 90's and I saw a sign that someone had posted on their business:

To the parents that left their children at Qwest Field, please pick them up ASAP. They are beating the Seahawks 21-0.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&