Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steny Hoyer perpetuates lie about ``general welfare``

Steny Hoyer perpetuates lie about ``general welfare`` and health care reform!

See:
    Hoyer Says Constitution’s ‘General Welfare’ Clause Empowers Congress to Order Americans to Buy Health Insurance

CNSNews.com
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009
    By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

[b][i]
    House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said that the individual health insurance mandates included in every health reform bill, which require Americans to have insurance, were “like paying taxes.â€

ELE

We must fight to secure our Democracy.

They have no constituitional right to demand that Americans get health care. This is a serious States Rights violation that could lead to sucession if the federal government does not alter their course.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the post Johnwk!

It's rare these days to have the media actually quote the framers in a proper context. The reason Congress likes to use Hamilton is that it empowers them, where Madison forces them to use prudence, and restraint from the gaining of power.

The Supreme did that in 1937 as FDR earlier during the 100 days of getting his new dealings through congress, and the Supreme Court was shooting them down, and FDR was ready to have Congress pass legislation that would force Judges to retire over a certain age, which would have gotten 3 out of the way, and then increase the number of judges to 12, there-by "packing" the court with supporters. Which makes FDR a dictatorial tyrant. Not a great statesman. So much for the "New Deal". It should really be called the Raw Deal. For that is exactly what America got. And it hasn't slowed down since then. But with things getting worse by the day, more and more Americans are getting fed up with empty promises. Promises that in reality should never have been made, as they are impossible to achieve with the resourses and economic structure that we now have.

Here's a sight to go to for the 10th Ammendment project that many states are starting to look at for implimentation to stem the hand of big brother.

http://www.tenthamendmentcenter.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Thanks for the post Johnwk!

It's rare these days to have the media actually quote the framers in a proper context.
    I hope I did not mislead you.

Matt Cover, Staff Writer for CNSNews.com wrote the following:

[b][i]"
    House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said that the individual health insurance mandates included in every health reform bill, which require Americans to have insurance, were “like paying taxes.â€

Ah, well cool man, good job on your part then. At least you get it bro!

I thought that originally the article was large with your comment at the bottom there. I stand corrected sir, and thank you instead for bringing those points out. Very well put together and cohesive. Nice job.

Ah, well cool man, good job on your part then. At least you get it bro!

I thought that originally the article was large with your comment at the bottom there. I stand corrected sir, and thank you instead for bringing those points out. Very well put together and cohesive. Nice job.
    It really is Amazing! Not only does the leadership of the Democrat Party lie, but they cannot even keep to the same lie. Let us not forget that Nancy Pelosi issued a PRESS RELEASEasserting the [i]“America’s Affordable Health Choices Actâ€

Skullface Pelosi is just doing what's been done for some time by politicians, by a broad interpretation of the Constitution. Which is infuriating to me, since the Constitution is supposed to be very narrow in scope.

Anyways, the Constitution states that congress has the authority to regulate commerce "among" the several states. Not "within" the several states. I would like to see her response to some reporter ballsie enough to redress the question to her after she makes that kind of arbitrary statement. But they have their pad answers to shut people up, and if that doesn't work, they walk off with no comment.

But honestly, I don't like either demopublicans, or republicrats. I tend to lean towards the Constitutional candidates. I know it's an uphill battle, but we have got to get people elected who will help Restore the Republic.

And don't forget what GW Bush said on Capital Hill Blue, "the Constitution is just a G** D*** piece of paper"

I don't like either demopublicans, or republicrats. I tend to lean towards the Constitutional candidates.
    I agree! And I agree because that is the primary directive of every member of Congress!

Article VI

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution

JWK

[b][i]Those who reject abiding by the intentions and beliefs under which our Constitution was agree to, as those intentions and beliefs may be documented from historical records, wish to remove the anchor and rudder of our constitutional system so they may then be free to “interpretâ€

Shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution

While this sounds good, and is good if upheld by those who take it. Many today just pay it and the people "lip-service", and then go about doing the bidding of those who payed for their office of tenure.

Thomas Jefferson quotes:
    Single acts of tyranny may be ascribed to the accidental opinion of the day; but a series of oppressions, begun at a distinguished period, and pursued unalterably through every change of ministers (adminstrators) too plainly proves a deliberate, systematic plan of reducing us to slavery.

Thomas Jefferson quotes:
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

Thomas Jefferson quotes:
    On every question of construction [of the Constitution] let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or intended against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

T. Jefferson during the Kentucky Resolution:
    "Confidence is everywhere the parent of despotism........ In questions of power let no more be heard of confidence in man; but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."

Couldn't help myself. The philosophy on which the Constitution was constructed was and is forever apparent in the words of it, and the minds of the men who debated and adopted it.

So until we get the monied interests out of DC, we are hamstrung. The banking cartel structure is main monied interest. They have a monopoly on the creation of money, and hold congress captive to their whim. So who will congress listen to. We the people have a voice, and a loud one at that, but they (the banking interests) have the money. It's the old, money talks, bs walks.

Hylander wrote,
    Couldn't help myself. The philosophy on which the Constitution was constructed was and is forever apparent in the words of it, and the minds of the men who debated and adopted it.
    "and the minds of the men who debated and adopted it."

[/quote]So until we get the monied interests out of DC, we are hamstrung. The banking cartel structure is main monied interest. They have a monopoly on the creation of money, and hold congress captive to their whim. So who will congress listen to. We the people have a voice, and a loud one at that, but they (the banking interests) have the money. It's the old, money talks, bs walks.

Not much room to argue against the "minds of the men" that understood the need to keep the money changers out of the temple. Dare I venture forth and state that those minds understood the Reformation of the Church, aswell, as the liberties, freedoms, consequences, and profound implications that sprung forth due to the Reformation. After the Reformation men were freed up to worship their Lord and Saviour in a more personal manner, and from that personal manner sprung forth a more independent and freedom loving perspective enforced by the reading of the Bible (something prior to the Reformation that was severely limited in scope due to a lack of printing and a dogma that restricted independent thought, let alone debate.)

The reason I state this, is that I cannot help but feel that the nature of man was understood, as man was created in the image of God, and this understanding by many of our founding fathers is what played the inspirational role when creating our Constitution. Brilliance was not brought forth by earthly law books, brilliance palyed second fiddle to wisdom which was understood and taught in the Christian faith. I say the Christian faith as I doubt that any other faith could have filled the role needed to inspire liberties and freedoms to worship as one desired, let alone to govern themselves.

I state this because I believe that one must understand the faith of the founding fathers in order to fully appreciate what they did put forth, a republic, and a constitution, neither of which could stand for long in a faithless society.

Excellent post and thread johnwk. Thanks. Between you and Highlander, aswell as others here at ALIPAC a person could learn much and have little difficulty debating the likes of the Constitutional professor Wonder Boy and his likes. This all helps to reinforce the reality that the Constitution was written for the understanding of the commoner, and has since been hijacked by the despotic, scum sucking, yellow bellied, split toungued, spineless worms that masquerade as politicians, professors, and business leaders hellbent on enslaving the world and shutting out the lights on liberty and freedom for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast