Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Stocks plunge on economic worries DOW - 418.46

DOW 10,991.75 -418.46

NASDAQ 2,402.96 -108.52

S&P 1,146.01 -47.88
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Stocks Trim Losses, but Dow Still Slumps 400

Published: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 | 12:03 PM ET
    By: JeeYeon Park
    CNBC.com Writer

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44188136
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

European Shares Closing With Biggest One-Day Decline in Three Years.....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44184849

Stocks Fall 500 on Fears of Weak Global Economy

Thursday, 18 Aug 2011 09:40 AM

The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell more than 500 points, or more than 4.5 percent, as stocks fell amid fears of a weak economy and speculation that European banks lack enough capital, while hopes for more stimulus from the Federal Reserve receded.

Jut before midday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 402 points, or 3.5 percent, at 11,007. At one point, the Dow was down 528 points, or 4.6 percent.

The S&P 500 was down 45 points, or 3.7 percent, at 1,149. It had slid 59 points, or 5 percent. All 10 groups in the S&P 500 dropped at least 1.8 percent.

The Nasdaq Composite tumbled 101 points, or 4 percent, to 2,410. It had been down 135, or 5.4 percent

Treasurys rallied, pushing 10-year yields to a record low.

Bank of America Corp. and JPMorgan Chase & Co. dropped more than 4.6 percent as Sweden’s financial regulator said his country’s lenders must do more to prepare for a worsening in Europe’s debt crisis that could cut off funding.

Caterpillar Inc. sank 5.6 percent, pacing losses in companies most-tied to economic growth, as jobless claims rose, consumer inflation accelerated more than forecast and the Philadelphia-area manufacturing index fell to the lowest level since March 2009.

“It’s almost like a worldwide buyers strike,â€

Another ride on the stocks express
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Another ride on the stocks express
    its going to be volatle for a couple of years

its basically following the same as what happened during the depression

tomorrow it will take the gains back .. but the money you lost in shares will not come back

all it is - is high frequency trading and stealing wealth

The stock market is a racket and is run by shady people. And is protected by the Feds by what they call "regulation." Despite all that "regulation" only about 10 % of "investors" ever make any money. Most people don't understand what they are doing when it comes to stocks. They aren't investing. They are gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Justthatguy
    The stock market is a racket and is run by shady people. And is protected by the Feds by what they call "regulation." Despite all that "regulation" only about 10 % of "investors" ever make any money. Most people don't understand what they are doing when it comes to stocks. They aren't investing. They are gambling.
    (although I am invested a little in hopes of helping pay bills since I am not working)........A poker game is what I refer to it as, and if you watch it, that is what it looks like....

It is not like all the employees would stop working if the stock tumbled that day.... or the employees would work at break neck speed if the stocks climbed that day...just my thoughts
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou