Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

StudentLoanJustice Going to Nelnet - Bail Out/Coming From

Hi. Its Alan from StudentLoanJustice.Org-

This email goes out to all the donors.

I am trying to finance a trip to Indiana to protest in front of a student loan company that has a 4000 gallon shark tank in their corporate headquarters. Sounds crazy, but its true. You can see it for yourself at www.premierecredit.com. I also would like to follow this with a stop in Chicago to do a demonstration in front of Senator Obama's and Senator Durbins' offices.

This company is owned by Nelnet, a company that will likely have its hand out for "bail out" money in the coming months. I think this is a very worthwhile protest to undertake. I hope that you will agree, and support the effort with your contribution. The link to donate is here. I am confident that one or more national media outlets will cover the trip. This will force them to cover the story of the predatory student lending system. No more "poor me" stories that make the borrowers look like idiots. With the submissions I have received about this company's systematic disregard for the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), I believe that we can shut this company down. Forever.

I hope that you will help, and I thank you for your past support.
    Regards,

Alan

Alan M. Collinge
    StudentLoanJustice.org
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Go get them Alan!)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard this student loan thing based on minorities has been a failure. An incredible amount of funds spent have been wasted for nothing. How about you get your funds when the student graduates? We have many people who can't afford advanced schooling........but just like the public system......it's not just a question of giving, as it is where it works. We have bi-lingual education but over 1/2 drop out. Those that graduate still can't say a sentence in English........FAILED PROGRAM!!!!!!!!! How many minority programs are funded and what are the results?" I heard about half of the black student grants given had students drop out no later than the 2nd semester, because they couldn't cut it. FAILED PROGRAM! How many government funded college educations end up in successful endeavors? I heard that is even less! Hey.....is it working?" Obviously NOT......being a minority and poor shouldn't be the ONLY requirement!!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Since hopefully these student loan companies look into the background of a student applying for the loan, it is becoming apparent they do not differentiate between the kids brought here illegally or those born in this country to American citizen parents as far as granting these loans.

Vortex......they ask 2 questions.....are you a minority and give me your tax papers.

If you PROVE you financially qualify......you are ousted if you aren't a minority. Minority.....NOT being white. No financial papers? Fine,,,,,,IF you are a minority. Grades....believe it or not......NOT EVEN CONSIDERED!!!!!!!!!

nelnet

how bout a clas action lawsuit? I'll help you start, but i'm no attorney.