Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Surging partisanship among American voters

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    If ever I felt like a voter with no candidate this is the year. I celebrate that others feel the same, as until we demand a voice.and choices, they will not be provided.

I know people from Utah that was involved with the SLC Olympics and I have'nt heard one voice speak highly of Romney from thiose of that group. Obama I was never elated about as candidate or President. Where do we turn? Because this survey will get both sides doing surveys on what we want to hear, which will prompt untruthful promises or so-called convictions from both candidates to achieve getting elected. Think long and hard before votin!
    Oh but haven't they heard? Romney is absolutely the best man for the job! He is so smart and funny and just great! .... Bwahaha.

Funny how the most ardent supporters of Romney or Obama say the same thing, "That's what Romney/Obama want you to do, to vote third party, to take away votes from Obama/Romeny." Fools all of them. With that attitude we'll never break the stranglehold these two parties have on this country.

I think that a lot of people remember Ross Perot, a man that ran a very good third party, The Reform Party, campaign for President and there are many that argue that Perot was responsible for Clinton's presidency and don't want to see a repeat performance.

I think that people have to vote their own conscience. But if they stay home and don't vote at all they give up the right to complain about the outcome.

I am not going to going pass on my right to vote. I believe that my vote is going to be needed to cancel out the votes cast by non-citizens and dead people.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    "That's what Romney/Obama want you to do, to vote third party, to take away votes from Obama/Romeny." Fools all of them. With that attitude we'll never break the stranglehold these two parties have on this country.
    So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "Fool" I sure hope I'm not the only one getting sick of your hate filled insults!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[QUOTEPeople are getting sick of both Democrats and Republicans failing our nation.W ][/QUOTE]

Well, why is anyone surprised? We have allowed the politicians of both parties to establish full time careers in "serving the Republic", while actually they are helping themselves. We have allowed special interest groups ranging form the National Council of Churches and the Junior Chamber of Commerce to unions, corporations, advocacy groups, and the American Communist Party to usurp the people's influence and control of our (professional) politicians via legalized bribery aka lobby money. Then we are told that we must have bi-partisanship aka compromise of principles in order to run the country effectively.

I am fed up with the professional politicians, but it is unlikely we will ever get term limits. The next best thing is to make their public lives so miserable they will not want seek re-election infinitum ad nauseum. Related to this should be a movement at the grass roots level to ban lobby money 100 per cent from election campaigns. Losing that revenue would motivate many politicians to seek greener pastures. It would also remove much of the undue influence of special interest groups. Last but not least, compromising on everything is not the answer. If there are two or more legitimate ways to do something, then certainly compromises could be made in selecting a way to do that something. However, when it is a question of right or wrong, or proven vs. unproven, then compromise is the weasel's way out. If you know that our current spending is going to doom the nation to bankruptcy, how can you not vote for budgets and budget limitations than can avoid that path? If you know that entitlement programs, especially Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare are unaffordable how can you not vote for measures that brings these programs under fiscal control? If you know that illegal immigration is costing the US taxpayers as much as 200 billion dollars a year how can you possibly advocate for open borders, amnesty and a table full of freebies for the perpetrators (i.e., the illegals, their willing employers, and their willing defenders in the Congress and the White House)?
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a "Fool" I sure hope I'm not the only one getting sick of your hate filled insults!
    Enough with your attacks Steve. Your bolded, 16pt font posts are becoming increasingly annoying to look at. You keep trying to push Romney down our throats and we're having none of it.

Fools are those voting for Obama, and you don't agree with that? Seriously? Fools are those voting for Romney because they've been fooled into thinking that the other side wants you to vote third party so therefore I need to vote for Romney. That's the kind of thinking that has allowed these two parties to grab us by the throat. They're manipulating you by playing to your fears of the other side, Republican or Democrat, winning. They win through threats and intimidation.

Seems we have a couple members who have gone beyond reasonable debate into insults which are against our rules. Consider this a warning or the moderators may have to take some kind of action. Please remember we are united here for a common purpose. Thank you.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thread moved to:

Other Topics News and Issues

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer View Post
    We definitely won't need it!
    SteveTheRoofer, our volunteer mod team is very tired of the sparring between you and Googler.

This comment you just made was unnecessary and provocative.

These unecessary disputes are eating up to much of our limited volunteer time.

From now on, I do not want either one of you addressing each other. You are not to address each other or comment on each other posts from this point forward.

Enough is enough and Im going to have to put my foot down on this.

You two bickering is not only taxing our volunteer mods but is making these forums less accomodating to others that have no desire to see these fights all the time.

I'm informing the mod team now and the next one of you two... STR and Googler that A. addresses or insults each other in any way. or B. Comments about each others posts. and you are going to be suspended for 60 days.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12