Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Around 15 or so years ago I read the synopsis of a study done in Africa.

Small tribes living away from cities were being provided with television sets and a generator. It was one of those United Nations projects to assist in bringing non-modern folks into modern living, to a very small extent.

I laughed when I read that one of the most popular shows in village after village was the prime-time soap opera Dynasty.

The study also showed that those folks believed the show portrayed life for the typical American.

Well...... do YOU live in that manner?

Perhaps we should have sent them video tapes of the Roseanne show and let the folks know it was a more accurate portrayal of the average American!!!!

I laugh...I remember the beginning shows of Roseanne which we so much better than the last ones when they got into so many social issues that are better left to shows of a different venue...but those beginning shows were wonderful...just wonderful...

We had a flat at the side of the road in Kenya...I was wearing a white pantsuit with gold buttons and 'gold' details on my shoes...some little Kenyan kids came out of the coffee trees and watched as our Bantu driver changed the flat...chattering at him incessantly.

He said they thought I was a queen...and they wanted us to come to dinner at their hut. He refused the invitation and they left, crying.....I will never forget that 30 minutes at roadside.

MJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12