Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Swalwell Suggests Nuking America if Gun Rights Supporters Were to Resist Gun Control

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Swalwell Suggests Nuking America if Gun Rights Supporters Were to Resist Gun Control

Washington Free Beacon

Democratic Rep. Eric Swalwell was defending gun control legislation on Twitter when he said the government could use nuclear bombs to win a theoretical war with those who hold onto their guns.

Swalwell Suggests Nuking America if Gun Rights Supporters Were to Resist Gun Control Measures
    (Updated)

Rep. Eric Swalwell / Getty Images

BY: Jeffrey Cimmino
    November 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D., Calif.) suggested the United States government would use nuclear weapons in a theoretical war against gun rights supporters who refuse to give up assault weapons.
    The Democratic congressman's comments were prompted by a Twitter user's response to an article about Swalwell's call to force gun owners to relinquish assault weapons. The piece recounts how Swalwell "has proposed outlawing ‘military-style semiautomatic assault weapons' and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution."
    1,863 people are talking about this

"So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that's what you would get. You're outta your ****ing mind if you think I'll give up my rights and give the [government] all the power," Twitter user Joe Biggs said.
    "And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities," Swalwell tweeted in reply.

Joe Biggs @Rambobiggs

So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that’s what you would get. You’re outta your ****ing mind if you think I’ll give up my rights and give the gov all the power.

Rep. Eric Swalwell @RepSwalwell

And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.
    3:22 PM - Nov 16, 2018

"So our government would nuke its own country in order to take guns? Wow," Biggs responded.
    "Don’t be so dramatic. You claiming you need a gun to protect yourself against the government is ludicrous. But you seem like a reasonable person. If an assault weapons ban happens, I’m sure you’ll follow law," Swalwell tweeted back.

Joe Biggs @Rambobiggs

Replying to @RepSwalwell
    So our government would nuke its own country in order to take guns? Wow

Don’t be so dramatic. You claiming you need a gun to protect yourself against the government is ludicrous. But you seem like a reasonable person. If an assault weapons ban happens, I’m sure you’ll follow law.
    3:37 PM - Nov 16, 2018

A poll obtained by the Washington Free Beacon found that repealing the Second Amendment is the second most important issue for Democrats in this country, behind only single payer health care. Twenty-four percent of Democrats said it was their most important issue.
    Swalwell later attempted to clarify his comments by saying he was being sarcastic.
    "I sarcastically point[ed] out USA isn't losing to his assault weapon (it's not the 18th Century)," he said.

America’s gun debate in one thread.

1) I propose a buy-back of assault weapons

2) Gun owner says he’ll go to war with USA if that happens

3) I sarcastically point out USA isn’t losing to his assault weapon (it’s not the 18th Century)

4) I’m called a tyrant

5) 0 progress
    4:25 PM - Nov 16, 2018

He also retweeted a back-and-forth with radio host Joe Walsh, in which Swalwell also said he was being sarcastic.

Joe Walsh @WalshFreedom

Eric, I get that your use of "nukes" was sarcasm, and, yep, twitter doesn't do nuance.

But understand how many of us gun clinging Americans recoil at the word "confiscation" and will do whatever we have to do to defend our guns against a government that would take them. Thanks

Replying to @WalshFreedom

Joe, it’s sarcasm. He said he’s going to war with America if gun legislation was passed. I told him his government has nukes. God forbid we use sarcasm

5:12 PM - Nov 16, 2018

Swalwell has been floated as a potential 2020 presidential candidate, and the congressman said earlier this month he is "absolutely" looking into a run.
    Update 5:16 p.m.: This post was updated with Swalwell's later tweets describing the initial point as "sarcasm."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/swal...i1BsqUng3nWIF0
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this Incompetent Simpleton needs to be IMMEDIATELY Removed from Office. I Take This as a THREAT; Mass Genocide by the U.S. Government as this PSYCHOTIC NUT CASE is a Representative of PSYCHO LAND USA
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Another California Fruitcake!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Unbelievable!! Well, these are the people who now control the US House of Representatives. I guess we showed those "pro-amnesty" Republicans by replacing them with 15 Pro-Amnesty, Open Border DemoQuacks, huh?

I don't understand the strategy. Must be some NumbersUSA 4-D Chess Game I can't get my head around.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
    Another California Fruitcake!
    Just another Crazy Ass DemoQuack!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California Democrat Threatens "Nukes" If Americans Don't Hand Over Their Guns

Well that escalated quickly...

Fri, 11/16/2018 - 18:35
    414 SHARES

Well that escalated quickly...

Just days after taking back the House, a Democratic Congressmen has proposed outlawing "military-style semi-automatic assault weapons" and forcing existing owners to sell their weapons or face prosecution.

In a USA Today op-ed entitled “Ban assault weapons, buy them back, go after resisters,” Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., argued Thursday that prior proposals to ban assault weapons “would leave millions of assault weapons in our communities for decades to come.”
    Swalwell proposes that the government should offer up to $1,000 for every weapon covered by a new ban, estimating that it would take $15 billion to buy back roughly 15 million weapons - and “criminally prosecute any who choose to defy [the buyback] by keeping their weapons.”

As NBC News reports, this is a major departure from prior gun control proposals that typically exempt existing firearms; as in the past, Democrats and gun safety groups have carefully resisted proposals that could be interpreted as 'gun confiscation', a concept gun rights groups have often invoked as part of a slippery slope argument against more modest proposals like universal background checks.
    And sure enough Swalwell's egotistical over-reach - going full "Australia" - prompted anger across social media. But it was one particular thread that caught our eye...
    John Cardillo, 'America Talks Live' host on Newsmax, tweeted in response: "Make no mistake, Democrats want to eradicate the Second Amendment, ban and seize all guns, and have all power rest with the state. These people are dangerously obsessed with power."

John Cardillo @johncardillo

Make no mistake, Democrats want to eradicate the Second Amendment, ban and seize all guns, and have all power rest with the state.

These people are dangerously obsessed with power. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/dem-congressman-force-gun-owners-sell-assault-weapons-n871066 …
    2:48 PM - Nov 16, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

2,998 people are talking about this

Which prompted a further response from Joe Biggs, a combat vet, "So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that’s what you would get. You're outta your ****ing mind if you think I’ll give up my rights and give the gov all the power."

2,567 people are talking about this

To which Rep. Swalwell decided to reply - in a not tyrannical-sounding way at all... "And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities."

Replying to @Rambobiggs
    And it would be a short war my friend. The government has nukes. Too many of them. But they’re legit. I’m sure if we talked we could find common ground to protect our families and communities.

11.2K people are talking about this

"So our government would nuke its own country in order to take guns? Wow,"
    Biggs responded.
    "Don’t be so dramatic. You claiming you need a gun to protect yourself against the government is ludicrous. But you seem like a reasonable person. If an assault weapons ban happens, I’m sure you’ll follow law," Swalwell tweeted back.
    And after the furor exploded, Swalwell quickly resorted to the "it was sarcasm" excuse.
    Now the question is - who will Twitter ban? The conservative-leaning 2nd Amendment-protector raising his 'social media' above the pulpit; or the liberal politician who is threatening to unleash nukes on domestic soil in order to ensure the citizenry follow his demands and hand over their means of defense?
    To be continued...

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ver-their-guns

He just went full Democrat, never go full Democrat.

Man oh man are they beating those war drums hard.-Gunner

Dem Rep. Eric Swalwell: If we confiscate your guns and you fight back, we will nuke you

AllahpunditPosted at 6:01 pm on November 16, 2018

Happy early Thanksgiving, America.

I know he’s running for president in a verrrrrrrrrrrry crowded field and has to strain to get noticed. But between this and shrugging off death threats aimed at Susan Collins, it seems like there … must be a better way.

Here’s the tweet that started it all, flagging an op-ed Swalwell wrote back in May endorsing a mandatory gun buyback program (i.e. confiscation) with criminal prosecution for those who refuse.

3,701 people are talking about this

That prompted the following exchange. We’re 10 days removed from the elections and already I’m feeling puh-retty good about this new Democratic majority:

Joe Biggs @Rambobiggs

So basically @RepSwalwell wants a war. Because that’s what you would get. You’re outta your ****ing mind if you think I’ll give up my rights and give the gov all the power.

13.2K people are talking about this

“Find common ground with us or risk incineration by your own government” is a top-ten all-time tweet by a federal elected official. Swalwell got an earful from critics for it this afternoon too, understandably, and naturally apologized and promised to do better from now on. No, wait, I mistyped that — I mean he followed up with another bitchy tweet, secure in the knowledge that he won’t catch one one-thousandth of the flak from the media for his threat that he would have if he were a Republican.

America’s gun debate in one thread.

1) I propose a buy-back of assault weapons

2) Gun owner says he’ll go to war with USA if that happens

3) I sarcastically point out USA isn’t losing to his assault weapon (it’s not the 18th Century)

4) I’m called a tyrant

5) 0 progress
    4:25 PM - Nov 16, 2018

6,399 people are talking about this

Hell, the media probably has a nuclear strike plan already drawn up. The first state to go: Texas — but only the rural areas. The cities are spared destruction because they voted for (sigh) Beto.
    Can gun-rights fans at least have input on the strike list?

390 people are talking about this

Miller later summarized Swalwell’s position this way: “Claiming you need guns to protect yourself from the government is ridiculous. Also, if you don’t turn in your guns we’re going to nuke the f*** out of you.”
    Swalwell went on to say that “No one is nuking anyone or threatening that. I’m telling you this is not the 18th Century.” That’s a common sentiment among gun-grabbers, that whatever utility the Second Amendment once had as a bulwark against government aggression is long gone given the overwhelming firepower the modern U.S. military is capable of bringing to bear. How they reconcile that argument with their experience of the Iraq War, though, I’ll never understand. One of the reasons Iraq turned into “quagmire” was that an insurgency equipped mainly with light weapons and skilled at guerrilla tactics turned out to be effective for a long time against the world’s greatest military force. Even if Swalwell didn’t have that example right in front of him, he might have reflected on the fact that the U.S. also deployed a vastly greatly arsenal in Vietnam than the enemy did and that didn’t work out so well either.
    Can’t be too hard on him, though. It’s not like the left has given much thought to mistakes made in Iraq or Vietnam.
    I’m willing to give him a pass on the idea of a nuclear solution to America’s gun problem on grounds that it’s Twitter and we all mouth off there. Clearly he does support confiscation, though, and is willing to use force to ensure compliance against resisters, of which there would be many. How much force? Does he think the FBI and ATF have enough manpower between them to go door to door and confiscate guns from the roughly 25 percent of Americans who own them? Even if only one-tenth of one percent resisted, we’re still talking about armed confrontations with many thousands of people. How far is Swalwell really willing to go? Assuming, I mean, that his confiscation plan is more than just a shiny object he’s waving around to try to get the attention of Democratic primary voters in 2020.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/...sfpnqd2zqt0GMU

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast