Thread: Taking a Stand

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Taking a Stand

My hubby came home from work (he's a car salesmen for a Ford dealership). Now before people boo at us, no, his dealership is NOT in favor of illegals. Besides, neither of us drive Fords.

Anyway, he gets this guy who wants to buy a car and it's close to closing time. Only the guy is an illegal with 2 Social Security cards. One of which the number is so high there's no way it could have been issued yet. This illegal tells my hubby he just moved up here (Seattle area) from San Diego because the pay down there was too low. And he files for tax refunds under both SSN's.

So, my hubby gives the guy a credit application and tells the illegal to fill it out. The illegal asked my hubby to read it to him because he can't read English! What does hubby do? Tells the guy, "Nope, sorry, we're about to close."

I asked hubby why he didn't report the guy and his employer and notify the IRS. He said, "Beacuse honey, it was already past 8pm and today is Friday."

Anyway, hubby still has all the guy's info and will be reporting him and his employer to the authorities on Monday. He knows if he doesn't he's in trouble with me.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Good for you Ladydrake and give your hubby a big pat on the back. We need more people like this getting involved.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

Give your hubby a hug from me!

This is a perfect example of the disconnect we see. This guy' wants to' be here, so criminal behavior, in addition to just coming here illegally, doesn't matter. He actually must see nothing wrong with it. ID is necessary to be here, so he just got some! This example is so mind boggling for me....!

He's obviously one of the hard working decent people with strong family values just willing to do jobs that Americans won't do.

Did I run that series of myths together enough for y'all?
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I have made up my mind which is worse, the illegal bragging about being illegal and making $25/hour and having 2 SSN's, and getting double refunds or ....

The fact that the one SSN card's number is in a group that has not been issued yet, because that would indicate that somebody at the SSN office helped this guy out.

Oh yeah, one co-worker had asked him, "Why do you have to report him, immigration enforcement isn't your job, it's someone else's."

Hubby said, "If they won't do their job, somebody has to. Otherwise it won't get done."

They ended up talking a bit more and end result: Another American has been awakened.

Ladydrake, your husband is to be commended, and as they say, behind every good hubby, is a very noble wife. I know that is not exactaly how they say it, I just put it in to my own words
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Thanks nitty. He'll be happy to know that people here applaud his course of action.