Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tax Day Protest, April 15.

Surprisingly this comes from the leftist ActivistSanDiego.org webiste.
    SD Libertarians will protest how our Federal Govt. is collecting our taxes. I concur, our federal government should re-emburse our hospitals, schools, jails, police, and court system for the costs of illegal immigrant cheap labor.
    This protest is announced for the city of San Diego, but others are encouraged to protest in the Post Office of their own city.

Sign suggestions:
    "Don't forget to pay your taxes. Millions of illegal aliens are depending on you!"

http://www.activistsandiego.org/wwwboar ... hp?t=18226

Tax Day Protest

When:
    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 at 3:00 PM

Where:
    Midway Post Office
    2535 Midway Drive
    San Diego , CA 92110
    Jesse's cell 619-318-0928

Organized by
    Jesse Thomas

Details
    As usual, San Diego libertarians will protest at the Main Post Office. There's always a lineup of cars in all directions to the P. O. where there are workers collecting the mail on the street. It's a great opportunity for signs and talking to people about libertarianism. Bring signs, costumes, attitude!

This year, several other groups will be protesting as well. They've posted the starting time as 3pm, so that's what we're using, but feel free to arrive at any time that's convenient. The post office is open until midnight.

Check out some photos from last year's protest: http://libertarian.meetup.com/293/photo ... Id=1301610

Most of us will be to busy working to pay our taxes
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I know a better way. Instead, don't pay your taxes on April 15th. They can't get us all. We have a consitutional right to withold taxes until our government gets it right. Without money, they can't finance the crap they want and can't waste our money. We need to demand that before they spend any of our money they ask us first. This way they must listen to us. If we stop their salaries, they might listen.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    I know a better way. Instead, don't pay your taxes on April 15th. They can't get us all. We have a consitutional right to withold taxes until our government gets it right. Without money, they can't finance the crap they want and can't waste our money. We need to demand that before they spend any of our money they ask us first. This way they must listen to us. If we stop their salaries, they might listen.
    No they won't because it makes too much sense. If they will listen to us, we don't have to support illegal alien. My co-worker and her husband both served in military. They needed some food stamp because her husband had stroke. The family and children service denied her because they made too much money the year before. She said she saw room full of Mexicans with babies waiting to get some free handout, but they will not give her assistance. What is wrong with this picture? Nothing makes sense any more.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Yep. I've been saying the same thing for years. If only a few million of our friends and neighbors would only listen, we could have this country ship shape in short order! Hey, you can't spend it if ya ain't got it can you? (unless you borrow it from the Chinese....or print more.)

I owe $7000 this year for living off my IRA (which is gone) because I couldn't find a job that wasn't already filled by a foreigner; H1Bs have taken most of what I am qualified to do, and the illegals took the jobs that would at least give me SOME kind of income. So of course it tempting to say "scr** paying taxes." Problem is, they WILL catch up to you, and then you have all the penalties and interest to pay. How realistic is it to think you can get away with not paying? I guess I could just not file, since I'm declaring bankruptcy anyway. It's so hard to figure out the laws, whether that will affect anything. I wish I had a tax lawyer to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Most of us will be to busy working to pay our taxes
    I must work harder.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)