Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tax dollars fund shrimp on treadmills, Jell-O wrestling

The Senate’s top watchdog on government waste, in a new report Thursday, said taxpayer money has gone to fund such programs as Jell-O wrestling at the South Pole, testing shrimp’s exercise ability on a treadmill and a laundry-folding robot, all funded by the National Science Foundation.

Sen. Tom Coburn, Oklahoma Republican, said he identified more than $3 billion in mismanagement at NSF, ranging from questionable studies to exorbitant operating costs, and in some cases duplication by the science agency of operations performed by other agencies.

At a time when the federal government is struggling with record deficits and bumping up against its borrowing limit, Mr. Coburn said the agency is a prime example of the kinds of spending taxpayers should no longer tolerate.

“There is little, if any, obvious scientific benefit to some NSF projects, such as a YouTube rap video, a review of event ticket prices on stubhub.com, a ‘robot hoedown and rodeo,’ or a virtual recreation of the 1964/65 New York World’s Fair,â€
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think I need to see the Jello wrestling video before I have an opinion.

It does say they did it in their spare time.

$550,000+ for a shrimp treadmill? Cripe was I in the wrong business.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Banned
    I went to a chocolate pudding wrestling once.And for the shrimp i always ate them not thinking about what kind of shape they were in.Your right there is alot of BS.cuts they can make besides education medicare and other important funds.Just last year alone they funded NASCARE tracks save the dolphins save the wolves research of the spotted leapord and others.

Yeah, duckman, they always go for the low hanging fruit and stick it to citizens. After they chop Medicare we'll still have shrimp treadmills, hog fart research, and government all over our personal business. Cut the crap, dismantle most of government, then let's talk about cuts to citizens.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Yeah, duckman, they always go for the low hanging fruit and stick it to citizens. After they chop Medicare we'll still have shrimp treadmills, hog fart research, and government all over our personal business. Cut the crap, dismantle most of government, then let's talk about cuts to citizens.
    your right!!!!