Well here goes small businesses in Oregon. All they have to do now is simply move out of state, take their jobs abd larger incomes with them leaving Oregon no better off than California is now. I can hardly blame many for making that consideration in the future, or having to close down completely. The "yes" campaign made is seem as though all of the moderate sized family owned businesses do is pay a $10 minimum tax, which is heavily incorrect (private businesses pay huge amounts of taxes, my parents did), but the liberal camps bought it as they love to hate anything to do with personal financial success (even though most of the liberals in Multnomah county are generally quite well off themselves).

http://blog.oregonlive.com/mapesonpolit ... he_nu.html

By Jeff Mapes, The Oregonian
January 27, 2010, 11:45AM

UPDATE: The latest numbers show that Multnomah County has now piled up a bigger "yes" margin than the state as a whole. In other words, subtract Multnomah County from the rest of the state and it looks like the tax measures would have been narrowly defeated.

Here's a quick summary from our numbers maven, Betsy Hammond:

Measure 66
Wins statewide by 87,400
Wins in Multnomah County by 92,600

Measure 67
Wins statewide by 81,000
Wins in Multnomah by 92,400

Get ready for another round of complaining by folks who say that, politically speaking, Multnomah County runs Oregon.

The state's most populous county does not run Oregon. It's a powerful force, but it often gets canceled out by the rest of the state. The two income tax surcharges that failed in 2003 and 2004 both passed in Multnomah County, but went down statewide - just in case you are looking for a couple of examples.

But in this election, Multnomah County is playing an outsized role. Proponents were hoping they would get a "yes" vote at least in the low 60s. As I write this, Multnomah County is at a 71 percent yes vote on both measures.

Measure proponents have so far piled up an 80,000-vote margin in Multnomah County - fully four-fifths of the 100,000-vote margin they have in the entire state. You can bet that a lot of people living in the rest of Oregon will be scratching their head and wondering, "How did this pass? Nobody I know voted for it."

Of course, proponents had to do more than get out the vote in Multnomah County. Importantly, they carved at least a tie out of the big suburbs in Washington and Clackamas counties. They won Lane County big and they held down the "no" side to a pretty narrow victory of about 52 percent in Jackson County, which needed to be a big source of votes if the opposition campaign was going to win.

In fact, 11 of the 36 counties voted in favor of the two tax measures. That's a heck of a lot more than Multnomah County. But in this campaign, Multnomah County was huge.

Despite all the talk about a relatively low turnout in Multnomah County, it's also the county where the Democrat/union turnout machine is the strongest. I was out riding around Portland on my bike this afternoon, getting a little exercise before I came in. I saw Yes canvassers out pounding the pavement. I nodded at one gray-haired canvasser as she walked down the street, noting to her that it was a nice day, what with the sun shining between broken clouds.

"It sure is," she said with a smile as she marched resolutely on.