Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tea'd off Tea Partier

This post might not seem like an ALIPAC topic, but I believe it is. The Tea Party is being taken over by Dick Armey, a career politician and lobbyist who is and has always been for open borders.

Tea'd of Tea Partier

Aaaaarrrghhhh!

OK. Thank you for letting me get that out of my system so that I am in a position emotionally to coherently express myself.

I am a 40 year old male Conservative, center-right Libertarian, and life-long Independent, or do we now have to say 'unaffiliate'?

I recently had my first face to face encounter with the American Tea Party Movement, with whose general sentiments I would describe myself as sympathetic. First at several local group meetings, and then as a participant at the Trenton New Jersey Tax Day Rally.

I am left feeling rather ambivalent about my experiences to say the least. What I have discovered, and admittedly already suspected, is that what we might describe as: 'Tea Partier' unrest, anger, and dissatisfaction; is an absolutely genuine phenomenon arising from the people themselves. However, and this is a big 'however', most organised Tea Party activity, at least in my State, is controlled and financed by special interests. The big four of these special interests, to which I refer collectively as the Tea Party Incs., would be #1 Dick Armey's multitude of Freedomworks subsidiaries including the ubiquitous Tea Party Patriots, the number one search result for the term: 'Tea Party'. #2 The dispicable profiteers Tea Party Nation. #3 The hybrid profiteer/Republicanfest 'Tea Party express', which may or may not be affiliated with the TPN, but is definitely in bed with the GOP. #4 The billionaire Koch Brothers 'Americans for prosperity foundation'. Who'd be more likely to serve you a cup of oil than earl Grey. And of course #5 the GOP.

I have heard liberals describe Tea Partiers as gullible, dupes, and a mindless and anti-intellectual mob that can be led anywhere by anyone. When describing the small minority of self-identifying Tea Partiers who are being led around by the nose by the local organizers here in my home state, I think the description is valid. But thankfully, on a national scale, most Tea Partiers are fiercely independent and wary of such individuals and their groups, to which the growing divide within the Tea Party Movement, so adamantly railed against by Dick Armey, gives proof. A deepening schizm between the Tea Party Incs. and the genuine, grass-roots, community based citizens Tea Party Movement which tricky Dick warns will weaken Tea Party influence, but which I say will only weaken the influence of himself, the Tea Party Incs., and separate the wheat from the chaff.

I literally found myself pulling my hair out from the roots trying to reason with a particular local organizer who had named her group the 'Tea Party Patriots of SJ', distributed the Tea Party Times - a FreedomWorks backed publication -, at her meetings, and made it a personal crusade to register unaffiliated voters as Republicans. The woman had no clue who and what she was serving (or did she?), or that the agenda and principles espoused on her own website were largely in conflict with Dick Armey's personal - and thus Freedomwork's- agenda. All the Tea Party groups in my area are named 'Tea Party Patriots' of this or that, and yet their members rattle on about illegal fumigation and border security, career politicians and lobbyists, big government and term limits, seemingly oblivious to the fact or at the very least unconcerned that their strings are being pulled by the consummate career politician/corporate lobbyist, and open borders friendly: Dick Armey.

I watch with growing consternation as Freedomworks through its high profile Tea Party Patriots juggernaut, and through a multitude of shadow domains disguised as independent, locally run websites deftly manipulates the Tea Party Movement like a conductor leading an orchestra, accruing to itself a perceived status, legitimacy and influence that will be used as currency in its bid to assume the mantle of 'official' Tea Party and position Dick Armey as the National Tea Party leader. Take a look at this website here, which audaciously proclaims itself the 'official' website of the New Jersey Tea Party. Uh, what is 'the' Tea Party let alone the 'official' Tea Party? What makes this entity the 'official' anything? The sleazy tactics of those behind such propaganda would warm the heart of ACORN or any liberal-progressive. And have any of you seen FreedomWork's new petition for making Dick Armey's personal agenda the official agenda of the Tea Party Movement? The so-called 'contract from America?'...lol No mention of illegal immigration or border security of course. It could easily have been written by the American Chamber of commerce.

My welcome amongst my local Tea Party groups has proved somewhat shortlived, after having, out of sheer frustration, put up my own websites containing content which is, shall we say, not entirely flattering to the organized Tea Party Movement. I can picture our local organizers being instructed by FreedomWorks and GOP advisers to regard me as a liberal infiltrator. A five minute conversation with me would convince even the most hardened skeptic that I am anything but. But what I'm not for certain is a gullible dupe or tool of Dick Armey or the GOP. The Tea Party is and will remain a non-partisan community based Movement. If not, we will as the Democrats predict, fade quickly into history remembered only as a passing fad. The whigs of 21st century America.

I try and take comfort in knowing I am far from alone in my sentiments or skepticism, and that there is a growing awareness of the Tea Party Incs. and their attempt to hijack the Tea Party Movement. But I sometimes feel a like a lone voice crying in the wilderness. So I'll end where I began. Aaaaarrrghhhh!

Porter Leeds
    http://citizensteaparty.org

Re: Tea'd off Tea Partier

I am disappointed that the tea party people will not take a stand against amnesty with us. Once obama has all those million new voters he WILL be re elected.
    We the People. You the Invader

Re: Tea'd off Tea Partier

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    I am disappointed that the tea party people will not take a stand against amnesty with us. Once obama has all those million new voters he WILL be re elected.
    Not all Tea Partiers are tools of Dick Armey. I'd be confident in saying most are not. It is the organized groups funded with Freedomworks or Republican money that are being led around by the nose by people who don't share their membes ideals and are in fact making fools of them.

All of the Tea Partiers I have met are against amnesty for illegals, yet they belong to groups named 'Tea Party Patriots' this or that. Basically labeling themselves supporters of Dick Armey whether they know it or not.

Look at me. I am a Tea Partier, and passionately defiant of the very concept of amnesty. Read my revisions of FreedomWorks' ridiculously barren contract from America' here: http://www.citizensteaparty.org/?p=99

Don't let the attempts at TEA Party capture get to you to much.

Back in the sixties many of us got together in what some called Love-ins. Mostly it was just a bunch of people getting together in the park to enjoy our new found friends and trip out on many new concepts we had never heard of before.

Their were all kinds of freaks gathered. Many topics were shared and discussed.

Before that time we had three television stations that told us what everyone believed and we believed it. Once we met up and found out what was really happening we found we were not alone in our beliefs at all. One of the topics we didn't hear much on then was Communism from the communist. I even sometimes sold an underground newspaper, The Teaspoon Door, that had a lot of communist stories printed in it.. It also had some of the first stories I had heard of Aztlan or the Reconquista Movement. I scoffed at those stories then. I got busted selling the paper at school. When I entered the Principals office he looked up from the paper and said something like, "Do you believe this manure?." I told him I didn't believe all of it but I found it interesting to read. I could see in his eyes that he did to.

Anyway we had all kinds getting together and discussing new topics and the issues of the day. I think it all worked out pretty well for us and we all earned our day in the sun.

This TEA Party thing reminds me of those times. This movement will survive those that try and wrestle it away from us if it is meant to be. If not, many of us will move on to better or more effective means.

I think the sixties were bigger than the Hippies we sort of saw ourselves as at the time. The hardcore hippies that we remember, and some of us assign to the times, were actually sort of a fringe element by the time it got going where I was.

Here is link to a little history on the underground papers if your interested.

http://obrag.org/?p=4391

P.S. Oh yeah! Welcome JerseyPatriot.

We had a lot of members from the Golden Gate Minutemen at the Pleasanton TEA Party. I think to concept fits right in just as your thread does here.

JerseyPatriot,

Somewhere you mentioned people putting the TEA Partier's down.

I just came across a video that reminded me that that sort of thing goes along with the territory we are entering now just like it did way back then.

This isn't the best video of The WHO but I happened to be looking around the old Smothers Brothers video's and it reminded me of something you said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9-JdubfUCw

This may sort of fit again in these times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDbHB...eature=related

Good night ALI-PAC.

@Stokeybob

I was just 'identified' as a 'liberal Tea Party crasher' on the Hannity forum. If expressing concern over the co-option of the Tea Party by special interests gets you labeled a liberal infiltrator, I really think it's over...lol The Tea Party really has become little more than a Republican Party Pac. I think I'll just stay out of the game and hope for the best. My temperament really isn't suited to the nutty world of American politics. I think I'd have a stroke before too long. I just don't seem to fit in anywhere...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPatriot
    @Stokeybob

I was just 'identified' as a 'liberal Tea Party crasher' on the Hannity forum. If expressing concern over the co-option of the Tea Party by special interests gets you labeled a liberal infiltrator, I really think it's over...lol The Tea Party really has become little more than a Republican Party Pac. I think I'll just stay out of the game and hope for the best. My temperament really isn't suited to the nutty world of American politics. I think I'd have a stroke before too long. I just don't seem to fit in anywhere...lol
    Well, that's no surprise coming from a Hannity fan! I got called that back when I was spreading the word about Ron Paul. I'm from NY and I share your frustration! I was a supporter of the 2007 Tea Party which was the ORIGINAL grassroots movement started by individuals of the Ron Paul Revolution. Back then, Beck, Hannity, & company called us a bunch of crazies and potential domestic terrorists!

Now that the GOP is no longer in power, Faux News (as well as countless other Neo Con Republicans who supported amnesty, the first bailout, etc) all jumped aboard the Tea Party movement and are riding on its coat tails. I do believe that many Tea Partiers are aware of this, but there are still many more who continue to be easily led. But the Republican influence is not the only concern I have:

A political organization or government may use agents provocateurs against political opponents. The provocateurs try to incite the opponent to counter-productive or ineffective acts to foster public disdain—or provide a pretext for aggression against the opponent.

In the United States, the COINTELPRO program of the Federal Bureau of Investigation had FBI agents pose as political radicals to disrupt the activities of radical political groups in the U.S., such as the Black Panthers, Ku Klux Klan, and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

Between the mainstream media, progressive groups and Neo-con propaganda, who have created such a tangled web of deliberate misinformation - I don't see how the average American can ever discover the truth behind all this mass chaos, confusion, and manipulation. I'm just like you - I'm not cut out for this crazy world of politics either! In fact, I have to step away from time to time just for my own mental well being. But I love my country so apathy is NOT not an option!

Hang in there NJ Patriot! I didn't know where I fit in either until I joined Campaign for Liberty. They're all about the Constitution and not political affiliation. (and a better fit for all us "political misfits!")

From their website:

This destructive bipartisan consensus has suffocated American political life for many years. Anyone who tries to ask fundamental questions instead of cosmetic ones is ridiculed or ignored.

That is why the Campaign for Liberty was established: to highlight the neglected but common-sense principles we champion and reinsert them into the American political conversation.

The U.S. Constitution is at the heart of what the Campaign for Liberty stands for, since the very least we can demand of our government is fidelity to its own governing document. Claims that our Constitution was meant to be a "living document" that judges may interpret as they please are fraudulent, incompatible with republican government, and without foundation in the constitutional text or the thinking of the Framers. Thomas Jefferson spoke of binding our rulers down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution, and we are proud to follow in his distinguished lineage.

There's a local group in NJ:
    http://www.campaignforliberty.com/usa/NJ/

@Chloe24

Thank you for your comprehensive and thoughtful reply. I suspect, like me, you have a hard time adequately expressing your thoughts in 100 words or less.

Yes. The current state of American society is absolutely bewildering. When scratching below the surface of any politician, political organisation, party or group, you find the same special-interest/corporate controlled globalist, open borders agenda. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Conservative, liberal, Obamaniac, or Tea Partier. It doesn't matter. Different rhetoric and methods, same objective.

The Tea Party Incs. like FreedomWorks are using the same tactics employed by the liberals lifted straight from the Saul Alinsky playbook. If someone gets in the way of your agenda? Denounce him as an infiltrator or subversive from the 'enemy' camp. Fill the masses with paranoia and distrust of each other. I can easily picture our local Tea Party organisers, who have all named their groups 'Tea Party Patriots' this or that, being advised by their FreedomWorks handlers to eye someone like me with suspicion. After all, I dare point out the reasons someone concerned with illegal immigration and the special interests lobby might want to consider why they are supporting someone like Dick Armey. I must be a Tea Party crasher surely?

I am loathe to credit a liberal with being right about anything, because they seldom are. But they are bang on when describing Tea Partiers as a a gullible, anti-intellectual mob ready to follow anyone in a shiny bus and for sale to the highest bidder. At least this is descriptive of the one's I've met.

If the Republicans manage to ride the Tea Party Express on to Capitol hill and into the oval office pushing Pelosi and the likes back into the sewers from whence they came, I guess I'll look at that as a positive. But I had hoped for so much more from the Tea Party Movement than just getting rid of Obama and putting the GOP back into power.

In the end, it appears whoever has the money and the ubiquitous web and media presence, has the people as well.
    I have taken down my websites, and am going back to my tomato plants and fishing pole. I'll leave politics to the mob.

Like you, I need to take an occasional breather from politics for the sake of my emotional well-being. I suspect I will be missing in action for some time to come. But its hard just sitting by watching your fellow citizens making the same mistakes over and over again expecting a different result. Though I'll do my best.

Regards,
    A Tea Partier. Briefly.

JerseyPatriot,

Thank you for your comprehensive and thoughtful reply. I suspect, like me, you have a hard time adequately expressing your thoughts in 100 words or less.
    You make good sense when you do post.

In the end, it appears whoever has the money and the ubiquitous web and media presence, has the people as well.
    I have been following this illegal immigration thing for a while now. One thing that set me off recently were the illegal immigrants parading up and down the streets back in 2006?.

It seemed to me the only group that spends money like that is our own Federal Government. It didn't take long to find where the government has been funneling money to front organizations like La Raza. They are giving them millions and millions every year. I figure that is only one of the many front organizations the funnel money to. Then the money hops around back and forth between groups and politicians like the pea in that shell game.

That may have led me to the source of the money that spend. Fiat Money. That are able to print it up when ever they want. When they do they undermine the value of the honest money people hold. No matter where your Aunt Martha hides the cookie jar with her money in it they can get right to it and suck the life out of it.

The following charts should give you some idea of just how much our money has been devalued over the last several decades.

This first one represents how much the money is devalued when fake money is printed up and injected into the money supply. See how in the past we devalued the money in times of war?

The next one is of the Dow Jones Industrial. Notice how the stock market is driven by the devaluation of our currency? It now takes more than ten times as much money to buy the same amount of stock, not because of some genius on wall street and his million dollar bonus, but because the counterfeiting is rampant.

Please stick around and just do what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob

Please stick around and just do what you can.
    Thanks for the welcome. I suppose I'd be safe around here...lol

That blue and yellow image made me dizzy!

You know, I've been giving a lot of thought to the fact our currency is no longer backed by any tangible asset such as gold or silver (thanks to Nixon If I remember correctly), and is essentially worthless and accepted as legal tender only because the government guarantees it's value. The government can basically print cash at will. So, why do they need our taxes so badly and how can there be a deficit? Just roll a few trillion off the presses and pay down our debt.

God help us if people ever allow an entirely cashless financial system. The government and banks will own us.

Regards,

P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast