Tell Barack Obama and Congress: Don't Raise the Debt Ceiling - SIGN THE PETITION (MICHELE BACHMANN)

Dear American,

I don't need to convince you that our country's spending problem is one of the greatest threats we face. And if we don't take immediate action, our elected officials in Washington may further endanger America by pushing us deeper into debt.

Federal spending has skyrocketed under Barack Obama, and he has asked Congress to raise the national debt ceiling from its current level of almost $14.3 trillion. However, with the national debt at $14 trillion and counting, the Democrats' spending frenzy cannot continue.

I've spoken out against raising the debt ceiling because I believe it's time to force our elected officials to stop spending cold turkey. And if you agree with me, that we cannot afford to take on additional debt beyond the $14 trillion we already owe, I ask that you urge Congressional leaders to vote against Barack Obama's demand to raise the debt ceiling by signing this petition right away.

Unfortunately, if Barack Obama has his way, spending will only continue to rise at dangerous levels. Yesterday, the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney admitted Obama has flip-flopped on the issue of raising the debt ceiling. In 2006, then-Senator Obama voted against raising our country's debt limit, and now he calls this vote "a mistake." If Barack Obama believes that voting against taking on new debt is a mistake, then it's time for new leadership in the White House.

Every elected official in Washington - especially Barack Obama - needs to hear your voice loud and clear. We need to flood Congress with the message that we are against raising the debt ceiling. That's why it is so important for you to add your name to this petition right now by following this link.

After signing the petition, I ask that you give as generously as you can to help me collect more signatures from conservatives around the country. Your donation of $25 will help me distribute this petition to 10,000 activists. So I urge you to follow this link to sign the petition and make a donation today.

Our values as active members of the Tea Party are under severe constant attack from the liberalist extremist left.

Washington liberal Democrats are working every day to spread the message that we are "extreme" but, in essence, it is they who are "extreme." I believe America's values are mainstream and if we collect enough petition signatures, they will be absolutely forced to hear us out.

We are embarking on a major strategic legislative fight and this is just the beginning.

I hope I can count on all of you to take a stand today by signing the petition today.

America's support and prayers are greatly appreciated as we will valiantly continue to fight for our constitutional conservative values.

http://www.michelebachmann.com/debtceil ... EBTCEILING