Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tell the EPA to Ban Glyphosate!

Ban Monsanto's RoundUp! Experts Say It's Worse than DDT!
    Tell the EPA to Ban Glyphosate
    Take Action Now!
    The EPA is currently conducting a "Registration Review" of glyphosate. Glyphosate is the active ingredient in the herbicide RoundUp. RoundUp is owned by Monsanto, recently named the worst company in the world by the Natural Society. The EPA will be gathering data on glyphosate through the summer of 2012 and making a final decision no earlier than 2015.

The EPA has the power to ban glyphosate, and it should, given glyphosate is:

- worse than DDT

- spawning super-weeds that reduce yields, and

- responsible for a deadly new pathogen that is plaguing plants with new diseases and animals (including humans) with infertility.
    Please watch this documentary from Argentina on the dangers of glyphosate. The video, in two parts below, is in Spanish with English subtitles. If the subtitles do not appear automatically, start the video first, then click the arrow on the bottom right and select "Turn on captions." Then, click "Take Action" to send a letter to the EPA that contains links to scientific research that is leading experts to believe glyphosate is even more dangerous than DDT.

Take Action Now!

http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...icle_24542.cfm

I don't think so, the BAN on DDT has actually killed more than any useage of the product! Give me back my Agent Orange for weed control.....
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Frankenfoods Madness

Biotech giant Monsanto has once again been selected as the worst company on Earth, earning the 2011 title from the Natural Society.

Monsanto's 2011 crimes include:

- Poisoning people with an herbicide more dangerous than DDT

- Spawning super-weeds and killer-bugs that reduce yields and destroy crops, and

- Introducing a deadly new micro-monster into the environment that plagues plants with new diseases and renders animals (including humans) infertile.

The EPA is currently conducting a "Registration Review" of glyphosate, Monsanto's herbicide "RoundUp", which its "RoundUp Ready" crops are genetically engineered to tolerate. The EPA will be gathering data through the summer of 2012 and making a final decision no earlier than 2015.

Don't Let Monsanto Win Re-Approval of RoundUp!

http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...icle_24542.cfm
    Last edited by kathyet; 12-22-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: forgot link

Congressman Investigates GMOs in Organic Baby Food

After more than 10,000 OCA members complained to Congress, Congressman Sam Farr (D-CA), chair of the Organic Caucus, began investigating claims that the Martek Biosciences Life'sDHA and Life'sARA found in many certified organic infant formulas, baby foods and dairy products are GMOs. So far, he has learned:

- The National Organic Standards Board has approved a strain of non-GMO DHA-producing algae

- The DHA approved by the NOSB is NOT the kind used in infant formula and baby cereals

- Other strains of DHA-producing algae are genetically modified

This seems to indicate that:

The DHA that is currently used in certified organic infant formula and baby cereals is from the strain of DHA-producing algae that has been genetically engineered.

OCA Political Director Alexis Baden-Mayer has made a request to Rep. Farr and the USDA for more information (there's nothing yet on ARA) and hopes to have replies to share with you shortly!

And if you haven't already, please...

Take Action to Get GMOs Out of Organic Baby Food!

http://www.organicconsumers.org/arti...icle_24413.cfm

Read Rep. Farr & the USDA's response letters