Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tests show Tony Snow's cancer has returned, spread

NATION: Tests show Tony Snow's cancer has returned, spread

BY JENNIFER LOVEN

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON - The colon cancer that Tony Snow successfully battled two years ago has returned and spread to the presidential spokesman's liver and elsewhere, the White House said Tuesday.

President Bush, making a brief statement to reporters in the Rose Garden, struck an optimistic tone that echoed how aides said Snow was feeling. The president spoke with Snow early Tuesday, and said he looks forward to the day that his spokesman "comes back to the White House and briefs the press corps on the decisions that I'm making."

"His attitude is, one, that he is not going to let this whip him, and he's upbeat. My attitude is that we need to pray for him, and for his family," Bush said. "And so my message to Tony is, 'Stay strong; a lot of people love you and care for you and will pray for you.' "

Snow, 51, had his entire colon removed in 2005 and underwent six months of chemotherapy after being diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer. A small growth was discovered last year in his lower right pelvic area — about the same region where the original cancer began — and, after months of monitoring, tests showed that it had grown slightly. It was removed Monday.

Doctors determined the growth was cancerous, and also found during the surgery that his cancer had metastasized, or spread, to his liver, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said. She said doctors found "metastases — plural" but had no specific locations other than the liver.

She said Snow is comfortable and feeling fine after his surgery and has pledged to aggressively fight the disease with an as-yet-to-be-determined chemotherapy treatment course. He will be in the hospital recovering from the surgery, a major procedure, for about a week.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs. ... 14&start=1

Banned
    Divine retribution for his sellout to the 'Bush is God' crowd.

I was ready to post this article---and my feelings are the same---good way to put it!
    Title 8,U.S.C.§1324 prohibits alien smuggling,conspiracy,aiding and
    abetting!

Tony said on TV today and I nearly choked "They did a brain scan and found nothing."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)