Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Top GOP Senators Back POTUS Clear Path For Trump to Fire AG Sessions After 2018 Mid

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

  1. #21
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump isn't saying and has never said that the Attorney General is his "personal lawyer". That's Never-Trump and DemoQuack Speak, and wow do you have it down. The Attorney General is supposed to protect the civil rights of Americans engaged in political activity, people like Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, Carter Page, George Papadopoulos, Michael Flynn, Roger Stone, and so many others. Political activity is a First Amendment Right of every American, more important than "religious liberty" if you ask me, because without the one you can't have the other. The DOJ is NOT supposed to put a target on the back of every American who supported or worked for Trump and conduct grand threatening inquisitions of them in some disgusting effort to defeat a candidate in an election, to blackmail him when he wins anyway, or when he doesn't fall for that one either, the "insurance policy", fabricate a case to impeach the President by coercing and squeezing supporters and people who worked in his campaign.

    I realize you don't understand this, but I would have expected Jeff Sessions to understand it, and it is very disappointing that he clearly doesn't.
    Any of the folks you listed that are guilty of a federal crime should absolutely be punished in accordance with federal law. Are you actually suggesting all crimes uncovered during the course of the investigation should go unpunished if they are unrelated to Russia collusion? Wow, I see you're a real supporter of the rule of law. Sorry, Judy, it doesn't work that way.

    As for any Democrat guilty of a crime, you're going under the assumption that there is no current investigation on any of them. To that I say, I'm sorry the DOJ doesn't feel it necessary to inform the public of any ongoing investigations. Investigations are not made public for a reason. Hmm, and I figured you would understand that ... Jeff Sessions does!

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  2. #22
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    LOL!! The DOJ is not supposed to target any political group, Trump supporters, Hillary supporters, Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else. Political activity is PROTECTED by the First Amendment and it's the responsibility of the US Department of Justice to uphold that constitutional right, not put targets on the backs of Americans who voted for and/or worked for a candidate or President the DOJ doesn't like.

    This is pretty basic stuff, MW, but I'm actually not surprised you don't get it.
    jtdc likes this.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  3. #23
    MW
    MW is offline
    Senior Member MW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!! The DOJ is not supposed to target any political group, Trump supporters, Hillary supporters, Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else. Political activity is PROTECTED by the First Amendment and it's the responsibility of the US Department of Justice to uphold that constitutional right, not put targets on the backs of Americans who voted for and/or worked for a candidate or President the DOJ doesn't like.

    This is pretty basic stuff, MW, but I'm actually not surprised you don't get it.
    It's you that don't get it. Nobody is exempt from the long arm of the law ... doesn't matter if you're Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton or Tarzan.
    stoptheinvaders likes this.

    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    San Bernardino, CA
    Posts
    1,810
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Any of the folks you listed that are guilty of a federal crime should absolutely be punished in accordance with federal law. Are you actually suggesting all crimes uncovered during the course of the investigation should go unpunished if they are unrelated to Russia collusion? Wow, I see you're a real supporter of the rule of law. Sorry, Judy, it doesn't work that way.
    So you are for unlimited investigations going on continually? I'm sure those could find something in everybody's past to prosecute for. In a trial, you are only allowed to question a witness withing a "scope". That scope is established by previous testimony. Even if the court finds evidence of another crime, it can only refer that for separate investigation.

    I see a red flag in these immunity's being given out like candy. An immunity is granted if you have committed a crime or may have committed a crime. So in effect, they are letting criminals escape prosecution for the crime they committed. There may be a usefulness when there is a particular heinous crime that is a major threat to the public. But these appear to be pure government extortion. There seems to be only one objective of these, and that is to get them to implicate someone else.
    Judy likes this.

  5. #25
    Senior Member stoptheinvaders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!! The DOJ is not supposed to target any political group, Trump supporters, Hillary supporters, Republicans, Democrats, or anyone else. Political activity is PROTECTED by the First Amendment and it's the responsibility of the US Department of Justice to uphold that constitutional right, not put targets on the backs of Americans who voted for and/or worked for a candidate or President the DOJ doesn't like.

    This is pretty basic stuff, MW, but I'm actually not surprised you don't get it.
    What you are saying is that

    Trump supporters
    Hillary supporters
    Republicans
    Democrats

    (that includes most everyone in the United States)

    are immune from prosecution from crime because political activity is protected

    So they can commit murder, theft, DUI, etc and be protected.
    MW likes this.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

  6. #26
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    What you are saying is that

    Trump supporters
    Hillary supporters
    Republicans
    Democrats

    (that includes most everyone in the United States)

    are immune from prosecution from crime because political activity is protected

    So they can commit murder, theft, DUI, etc and be protected.
    Murder, theft, DUI are not political activities. Political activity is voting, campaigning, supporting political candidates, working for political candidates, etc. That is political activity protected by the First Amendment.

    It's troubling that you and MW do not know what political activity is or that it's protected by the First Amendment.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

  7. #27
    Senior Member Judy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    55,883
    Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    It's you that don't get it. Nobody is exempt from the long arm of the law ... doesn't matter if you're Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton or Tarzan.
    Actually everybody is exempt from the long arm of the law until a CRIME has been committed.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-15-2018, 01:45 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM
  3. Sen. Sessions: I Can Still Back Trump on Immigration
    By Jean in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-27-2016, 06:27 PM
  4. CA-SOBOakland group help clear confusing path to citizenship
    By FedUpinFarmersBranch in forum illegal immigration News Stories & Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-27-2008, 12:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •