Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump bows out as GOP debate moderator

Dec 13, 2011

Donald Trump bows out as GOP debate moderator

Updated 2:25 p.m. ET

Donald Trump says he's withdrawing as moderator of a GOP presidential debate in Iowa.

Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum were the only Republican candidates who agreed to the Dec. 27 debate, sponsored by the conservative website Newsmax.

The rest of the GOP field bowed out, with Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman making clear they believe the debate would be a spectacle with Trump as moderator.

"I believe this would not only have been the most watched debate, but also the most substantive and interesting debate," Trump said in a statement.

Trump said he's still not ruling out the possibility of running for president as an independent. He said he's stepping aside as moderator of the debate to avoid any conflict of interest.

"It is very important to me that the right Republican candidate be chosen to defeat the failed and very destructive Obama Administration, but if that Republican, in my opinion, is not the right candidate, I am not willing to give up my right to run as an Independent candidate," Trump said.

We've left a message for Christopher Ruddy, chief executive of Newsmax, to find out what's next for the Dec. 27 debate.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -debate-/1
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am sorry to hear this. Trump could interview them as if they were applying for a job (and they are, of course). He would ask tough questions the MSM avoids, like the issue of unfair trade with China. I would love so see some of thses candidates get FIRED!!!
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!