Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Trump Prime Time: Obama is Weak; Kisses Everybody’s Ass

[b] Donald Trump Prime Time: Obama is “Weakâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trump for President? It’s a Mistake to Dismiss the Idea

Apr 4, 2011 by James Hyde

Trump and O'Reilly interview. Trump offered some remarkable ideas.

Last week, Donald Trump appeared for three nights on the O’Reilly Factor, and his performance, forthrightness and willingness to stand up to PC, Pakistan, China, OPEC and more importantly Iran, have reached sympathetic ears, including mine.

He’s far from perfect and needs to get more specific about his ideas, but many—not all—align with those of the Tea Party.

I first had the pleasure of meeting this amazing man back in 1997. As designer of, and writer and reporter for Supermodel.com, I with my wife covered the major modeling events in New York.

I met Trump at one such gathering, during which Victoria’s Secret launched a new product. Mr. Trump suddenly appeared when I was exchanging some airy persiflage with several models. His trademark hair gave him away immediately. It’s more massive in person.

He politely but stiffly introduced himself, and when I told him who I was he smiled and said he was a frequent visitor to the site. We wound up talking for awhile before he walked away with a stunning supermodel on his arm (that’s off the record).

I had previously had him pegged—as do many others—as an arrogant egomaniac, a hanger on in modeling circles who’d pick each night’s date, slip her a line and be gone in minutes. I was very wrong, which proves you can’t judge people by their appearance.

Yeah, the man has an ego the size of Montana, but wouldn’t you if you’d gone from nothing to billions all on your own? And he’s in no way shallow or an Obamaesque shrinking violet. He has a quick, fluid mind.

While we didn’t talk politics back then, we did talk about other topics. Despite his being a bit rough around the edges, I realized I was chatting with someone who sincerely matched the hype about his being one very smart and shrewd cookie, a man with important, meaningful and common-sense ideas and a quick wit. He also has a surprising sense of humor. In fact, he’s a hoot.

Fast forward to today, and I see a Donald Trump on The O’Reilly Factor . He is amazingly well informed about politics and eagerly snaps off quick and simple answers; ideas that take a moment to sink in due to their common sense approach, an asset most politicians seriously lack. Sure, he’s naive to some political realities, wrong about some others, and he’s very unpolished, but he doesn’t come from the typical political mold, and maybe, just maybe, it’s time we looked at outsiders instead of clinging to the conventional as we do.

I was amazed at how forthright he was in taking O’Reilly on one-to-one and setting the irascible, cynical and “I-always-winâ€

If he wins the nomination, a very iffy proposition, I can NOT wait for the debates with the urbane, erudite, TelePrompTer-bound Obama, whom he’ll eat up and spit out for breakfast.
    That would be entertaining in and of itself!

[quote]Trump just smiled. “I didn’t say I’d threaten them. Once you tell them you’re going to do it they’ll be at the negotiating table, so it won’t happen.â€

He’s tied with Romney
    Rather interesting that at this early stage in the game that he is tied with Romney. I wonder if he will endorse Romney? Or if he already has?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    He’s tied with Romney
    Rather interesting that at this early stage in the game that he is tied with Romney. I wonder if he will endorse Romney? Or if he already has?

Why would he endorse Romney if he is planning on running?

Kathyet

Sounds fairly right and spot on to me also. A few issues I don't like so well such as leaving a small military force in Iraq but I do see the side of the arguement of why at least for the time being. However if its done Iraq needs to start paying the costs and paying us something back. I'm also unsure if threatening China would pay off so well but I do like the idea of 25% tarriffs as they would draw jobs back to the US. US would hurt for a bit but we also have the ability to quickly recover and we have mass untapped labor pools (say bye bye to welfare state).

He does sound very common sense and I think many Tea Party people among independents could back him as well. Problem though is that the Tea Party won't support him in getting the Rep nomination unless he starts speaking at Tea Party events and showing himself as a Tea Party supporter.

[quote="kathyet"]Trump for President? It’s a Mistake to Dismiss the Idea

Apr 4, 2011 by James Hyde

Trump and O'Reilly interview. Trump offered some remarkable ideas.

Last week, Donald Trump appeared for three nights on the O’Reilly Factor, and his performance, forthrightness and willingness to stand up to PC, Pakistan, China, OPEC and more importantly Iran, have reached sympathetic ears, including mine.

He’s far from perfect and needs to get more specific about his ideas, but many—not all—align with those of the Tea Party.

I first had the pleasure of meeting this amazing man back in 1997. As designer of, and writer and reporter for Supermodel.com, I with my wife covered the major modeling events in New York.

I met Trump at one such gathering, during which Victoria’s Secret launched a new product. Mr. Trump suddenly appeared when I was exchanging some airy persiflage with several models. His trademark hair gave him away immediately. It’s more massive in person.

He politely but stiffly introduced himself, and when I told him who I was he smiled and said he was a frequent visitor to the site. We wound up talking for awhile before he walked away with a stunning supermodel on his arm (that’s off the record).

I had previously had him pegged—as do many others—as an arrogant egomaniac, a hanger on in modeling circles who’d pick each night’s date, slip her a line and be gone in minutes. I was very wrong, which proves you can’t judge people by their appearance.

Yeah, the man has an ego the size of Montana, but wouldn’t you if you’d gone from nothing to billions all on your own? And he’s in no way shallow or an Obamaesque shrinking violet. He has a quick, fluid mind.

While we didn’t talk politics back then, we did talk about other topics. Despite his being a bit rough around the edges, I realized I was chatting with someone who sincerely matched the hype about his being one very smart and shrewd cookie, a man with important, meaningful and common-sense ideas and a quick wit. He also has a surprising sense of humor. In fact, he’s a hoot.

Fast forward to today, and I see a Donald Trump on The O’Reilly Factor . He is amazingly well informed about politics and eagerly snaps off quick and simple answers; ideas that take a moment to sink in due to their common sense approach, an asset most politicians seriously lack. Sure, he’s naive to some political realities, wrong about some others, and he’s very unpolished, but he doesn’t come from the typical political mold, and maybe, just maybe, it’s time we looked at outsiders instead of clinging to the conventional as we do.

I was amazed at how forthright he was in taking O’Reilly on one-to-one and setting the irascible, cynical and “I-always-winâ€

Mickey wrote,
    Donald Trump is nothing more than a distraction (IMHO).
    Finally, something we can both agree on.

kathyet wrote,
    No disrespect kathyet, but, I don't take the Don seriously. Yet, many others with the help of the media will. The subject of a business minded person is brought up onto center stage, then, when the Don exists, stage left..............the minds are keen to a business mind,.....where will we find one?

Purely a hypothetical brain fart...........................but hey, silly season is around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    kathyet wrote,
    No disrespect kathyet, but, I don't take the Don seriously. Yet, many others with the help of the media will. The subject of a business minded person is brought up onto center stage, then, when the Don exists, stage left..............the minds are keen to a business mind,.....where will we find one?

Purely a hypothetical brain fart...........................but hey, silly season is around the corner.

Well I don't like the long list of potential runners out there. We need some new and refreshing changes. Someone needs to come out of the shadows maybe an independent because I am thinking most of these bozos won't appease me....They don't want Ron Paul to run, the republican base needs some one they can control, and is a yes man Donald Trump may not be that ...Any ideas. Jim DeMint, Paul Ryan are a few other suggestions but what the heck, what do I know...all I do know is the status quo needs to go!!!!

LOL... Any one I vote for never gets elected, and they always prove me right in not voting for them...

This is an interesting article with Ron Paul and a good answer why he is being shunned.. but again this is my opinion. I would guess this being an interview when the first George Bush was in power. There is no date,,,

April 5, 2011
    I ‘Wonder’ How the Democrats Missed This Republican Scandal?
    Posted by David Kramer on April 5, 2011 06:19 AM

A very familiar, albeit younger-looking politician in this video discusses one of the biggest drug dealers in the country. The drug dealer is given immunity from criminal prosecution by the government because the drug dealer is the government. For further reading, see The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade, Compromised: Clinton, Bush and the CIA, Shadow Masters, and Trance: Formation of America. Also, see here and here at lewrockwell.com.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/a ... 84709.html

Kathyet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast