Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trump washes his hands of insurgency against GOP incumbents

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump washes his hands of insurgency against GOP incumbents

Trump washes his hands of insurgency against GOP incumbents

The Associated Press

by AP6 Jan 20187

THURMONT, Md. (AP) — President Donald Trump says he’s done campaigning for insurgents challenging incumbent Republican members of Congress.

Trump told reporters after meeting GOP House and Senate leaders at Camp David on Saturday that he’s planning a robust schedule of campaigning for the 2018 midterm elections and that includes involvement in the Republican primaries. He’ll campaign for incumbents, he says, and “anybody else that has my kind of thinking.”

But after a stinging loss in Alabama, Trump says he’s done supporting challengers. He declared, “I don’t see that happening.” Trump had supported Roy Moore after he won the GOP primary.

Moore’s defeat in the subsequent special election handed Democrats another seat in the Senate.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-...op-incumbents/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-07-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He’ll campaign for incumbents, he says, and “anybody else that has my kind of thinking.”
    Very good!! A good incumbent is always worth fighting for.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes Judy, a good incumbent is worth defending but we have those who work against us, including the ones Alipac has listed. I am of the opinion that most remain there to feather their nests, gain power, and to do the bidding of their donors. The establishment has the big dollars and the smear machine to attack anyone new or opposed to them.

Illegal immigration, amnesties, and out of control immigration will be a big part of our eventual downfall. It is an uphill fight going against Mitch McConnell's swamp but we must chip away and have good candidates in opposition where we can.

Too many republicans now in Congress are supporting amnesty. We need more " America First" minded representation.
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 01-07-2018 at 02:47 PM.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Republicans are never going to agree on everything, maybe a few things, but not everything, including immigration. To me, the better strategy would be to focus on Democrats who don't agree with us on anything while working on primarying the really bad ones or getting them to resign or not run again because of bad poll numbers.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-07-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just wanted to add that I don't think President Trump was ever on this insurgency bandwagon against incumbents. I think he has/had several bad ones on his sights based on his experience in working with them and learning they were opposed to his agenda. So I don't think what he's doing now is anything new or different. Is it?

MW
    A lot of amnesty supporting incumbent Republicans need their walking papers. I'm all for challengers that share our positions on immigration. Immigration related issues take priority for me ...... that's why I'm here!

Seems like Ryan and McConnell may have coached the comment out of Trump.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn