Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trump's U.N. envoy Nikki Haley quits

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump's U.N. envoy Nikki Haley quits

Trump's U.N. envoy Nikki Haley quits, denies 2020 ambitions

By Steve Holland and Roberta Rampton
    ,ReutersOctober 9, 2018

U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley resigns: Source Yahoo News Video

Scroll back up to restore default view.

By Steve Holland and Roberta Rampton

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, announced on Tuesday she is resigning, and immediately denied she was preparing to challenge President Donald Trump in the 2020 presidential election.

Sitting beside Trump in the Oval Office, Haley said her 18-month stint at the United Nations had been "an honor of a lifetime" and said she would stay on until the end of the year.

Haley, 46, is the latest in a long line of high-profile departures from the administration, such as former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, who was fired in March, and Steve Bannon, Trump's chief strategist, who left in August 2017.

Describing her time at the United Nations as "fantastic" and "incredible," Trump said he had accepted Haley's resignation and would name her successor within two or three weeks.

A former governor of South Carolina who is the daughter of Indian immigrants, Haley is a rising star in the Republican Party and is often mentioned as a possible candidate for the 2020 presidential elections.

But she said on Tuesday she would not be running and would campaign for Trump. "No, I am not running for 2020." she said.

Echoing previous statements from Trump, Haley said the United States under his presidency is now respected around the world.

"Now the United States is respected. Countries may not like what we do, but they respect what we do. They know that if we say we're going to do something, we follow it through," she said.

Haley has been the face of Trump's "America First" policy at the United Nations, steering the U.S. withdrawal from several U.N. programs and ardently defending his hard-line policies against Iran and North Korea over their nuclear programs.

"She has done an incredible job. She is a fantastic person, very importantly, but she also is somebody that gets it," Trump said on Tuesday. She told Trump around six months ago that she was thinking of quitting by the end this year "to take a little time off," he said.

"She's done a fantastic job and we've done a fantastic job together. We've solved a lot of problems and we're in the process of solving a lot of problems," he said.

Haley discussed her resignation with Trump last week when she visited him at the White House, Axios news site reported.

Her U.N. counterparts described her as charming and yet very tough. She saw herself as a fighter.

"I don't see (my role) as pushing an 'America First' policy, I see it as defending America because every day I feel like I put body armor on. I just don't know who I'm fighting that day," Haley told Reuters earlier this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikki-hal...141702597.html
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think she's going into private corporate work. That was hinted in her resignation letter. Stay tuned! I hope she get a good, big job with a big company, she would do a great job.

Looking forward to who the new candidates for this position might be? Maybe Rick Grenell who is currently ambassador to Germany, heard that one tossed around. I'll tell you this, we need someone who can develop a good relationship with Russia. That is one of the most important relationships we must develop properly and I do think this was a weakness for Haley, because she was of the mind of the Russia = Evil Empire, and that's just not true, it never has been.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It had better not be Ivanka taking Nikki's job!!!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I don't think anyone from the Trump family will be nominated for any of these official posts that require Senate confirmation.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I happen to think Nikki is right about Jared Kushner. I also think the door to peace negotiations with North Korea was initiated by Ivanka Trump through Kim's sister, which is why Trump sent Ivanka to the Olympics in South Korea.

Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I happen to think Nikki is right about Jared Kushner. I also think the door to peace negotiations with North Korea was initiated by Ivanka Trump through Kim's sister, which is why Trump sent Ivanka to the Olympics in South Korea.

True Judy, Jared has been given credit on negotiations with Mexico and Canada, North Korea, and others. As far as the renamed and reworked NAFTA trade deal, Mexico seems to have conceded nothing toward ending illegal immigration or stopping asylum seekers, even as a side part of the agreement. This is evidenced by the large numbers of illegal aliens still coming. And it is reported that the United States will pay Mexico to remove some of the illegal aliens from elsewhere in their country.

Ivanka Trump's comments on immigration matters (refugees and illegal alien families) should concern us since she has persuaded her father to change his mind and strategy on things. Jared and Ivanka have been democrats, they socialize in the George Soros world of globalists and open borders' thinkers. And, let us not forget that Jared's sister was openly pushing the visas for businesses in other countries to come here. Hopefully the Kushners will have little influence in future immigration matters.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh. Kushner is a real genius.

Jared Kushner Helped Top Democratic Senator Lobby WH For DACA ...

https://www.breitbart.com/.../jared-...ator-lobby-wh-...
    Sep 8, 2017 - President Donald Trump's son-in-law set up a backchannel to help a top ... officials in favor of the "DACA" amnesty for 800,000 young illegals...
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 10-09-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

NO AMNESTY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast