Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Try to be illegal or hire ilegals in Singapore

Singapore has jailed and ordered caned 117 men convicted of entering the country illegally or overstaying in the ity-state, the Sunday Times reported.

The men were among 300 people charged with immigration offences on Saturday.They bring to nearly 800 the number of people arrested last week in a driveagainst illegal immigrants, who have been flooding into Singapore as the regional economies deteriorate.

In a Subordinate Court session that ran about four hours longer than normal, the 117 men admitted entering Singapore illegally or overstaying in the country, the Times said. They were sentenced to up to six weeks in jail and four to six strokes of the cane. Three women from China who had overstayed were each jailed for a month and fined Singapore $2,000 (US$1,242). Singapore does not allow the caning of women. ( this is older article, now they cane women too !! @assholes !! )

The maximum punishment for illegal entry into Singapore is six months'
    imprisonment and caning. Harbouring or employing illegal immigrants carries a jail sentence of six months to two years and a fine of up to S$6,000. Those who employ more than five illegal workers also face caning. Singapore loves cheap labor as much as the U.S. but there is one major difference - the rules must be followed because Malaysia doesn't mess around with visa violators. Deputy Home Minister Zainal Abidin Zin leaves no doubt what the penalty for visa violations is, "Punishment will be meted out. When we say whip, we whip. Malaysia has even flogged employers of illegal aliens.

----------------------------

Cassie says:

I'm not happy that our govenment is not enforcing the current immigration laws, but what Singapore does is against human rights. What a crappy country is that. Even a fellow American has been caned in Singapore for vandalism. Why do these country still have such inhumane punishment ? The UN should address these practises. and the most disturbing thing is that we have sold them F - 15, F - 16 and they're in the JSF program too. How can we sell weapons to such countries ?? Oh, of course, the Republicans and the weapon's industry
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

First off the UN is a useless corrupt organization.

Second of all at least they have the ba**s to enforce their laws and I myself am not against corporal punishment.

Thirdly I think it is about time the United States concentrated on its own problems and stop worrying about the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    First off the UN is a useless corrupt organization.

Second of all at least they have the ba**s to enforce their laws and I myself am not against corporal punishment.

Thirdly I think it is about time the United States concentrated on its own problems and stop worrying about the rest of the world.
    1 - The UN corrupt ?? Any evidence ??

2 - You're backward if you think it's ok to have corporal punishment. Singapore enforce bad laws.

3 - There was also an American caned in Singapore before for vandalism don't you understand that ?? Our citizens, actually no citizen, should be subject to caning in Singapore.
    mkfarnam, thank you so much for ya help. My laptop & windows are working again as it used to be. Thanks to you !!!

Cassie, don't know if you have every been to Singpore. but it is a beautiful country with little crime. What they are doing is protecting themselves and the UN needs to worry about Iran, NK, etc. and not worry about the law of that country. the UN is so corrupt. next the UN would not exist if the US would stop its stupid borrowing from Chine to fund it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Cassie, don't know if you have every been to Singpore. but it is a beautiful country with little crime. What they are doing is protecting themselves and the UN needs to worry about Iran, NK, etc. and not worry about the law of that country. the UN is so corrupt. next the UN would not exist if the US would stop its stupid borrowing from Chine to fund it.
    No, I've never been to Singapore and never will. What happens if my visa expires in 2 days and I get an accident and I've to be taken to hospital for at least a week. What are they going to do ? Probably will take me out of hospital after the 2 days and put my in jail. It's such a country that would do that.

Un corruption:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01646.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,168591,00.html

And there is soooo much more.

As for corporal punishment, we will just have to agree to disagree. However just because I disagree with your viewpoint I do not believe that gives you cause to call me backward. If you cannot have a civil conversation without resorting to insults, then we will have to stop conversing.

Are you saying that by Singapore enforcing their own immigration laws they are enforcing bad laws? Where does that leave you on the United States and its failure to enforce its own immigration laws?

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968

As for corporal punishment, we will just have to agree to disagree. However just because I disagree with your viewpoint I do not believe that gives you cause to call me backward. If you cannot have a civil conversation without resorting to insults, then we will have to stop conversing.

Are you saying that by Singapore enforcing their own immigration laws they are enforcing bad laws? Where does that leave you on the United States and its failure to enforce its own immigration laws?
    Because corporal punishment is something from the middle ages that's why it's backward. I apologize for saying that you're backward, but I still think that corporal punishment is backward. The death penalty is also backward to me, it's the punishment I've a problem with.
    There is corruption in any government. I prefer the US not to enforce our immigration laws if those laws allowed the caning people. What ya think of that ?

Corporal punishment stops crime and why should someone who kills another person not receive the same punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Corporal punishment stops crime and why should someone who kills another person not receive the same punishment?
    If you think we should lower ourselves to the level of a murderer, so be it. But executing murders is not a solution and it will not solve anything. The DP state of TX has a higher murder rate than the non DP state of Wi.

Backyal,

you also believe that corporal punishent stops crime ? Crime will always exist, it can't be stopped. Corporal punishment will not even get my support if it makes all 10 million illegal aliens leave.

If there's a law proposal that will make all illegal aliens self deport because they fear the segment of corporal punishment in that law, I'll still not support that law and will try everything to stop that law from getting effective. I don't want to live in a backward country that would allow corporal punishment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast