Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Turkey is Angered Will This Cut Off Supplys To Troops

Switchboard

1-866-220-0044

We need to be calling to stop this. Nancy Pelosi is all for passing this. What a bunch of sicko's. It makes me think they are trying to get our soldiers killed.

Does anyone else see a pattern here. The Marines are wanting to pull out of Iraq, there is a big push to remove Blackwater, and now they are going to block supplies through Turkey.

It looks to me like they are setting our soldiers up for a big masacre. I do not like the way this is going at all. They are going to be surrounded on all sides, and now they are going to be cutting off the supplies.

If you think about it why have the Dems not ended this war, their people are screaming to pull the troops out. Now they are attacking Blackwater who has not lost one individual they were protecting.

Everything else aside, Democrat, Republican, or whatever you may be, something is amiss and I am not liking it at all. I do not have family members in this war, but I am in full support of our military.

We better get to calling and put a stop to this pronto.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 99,00.html
    Thursday, Oct. 11, 2007
    Turkey Lashes Back at Genocide Vote
    By Pelin Turgut

Turkey's government has denounced a resolution approved by a U.S. House of Representatives committee that calls the 1915 massacres of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a genocide. The measure passed on Wednesday despite extraordinary last-minute efforts by Bush Administration officials, including the President himself, to have it shelved out of concern that it could hurt relations with a key NATO ally and affect U.S. troops in Iraq. Seventy percent of American air cargo and a third of the fuel the U.S. uses in neighboring Iraq passes through the its air base in Incirlik in southern Turkey. Prior to the bill's passage, Turkish politicians had warned of possible retaliation by blocking the use of Incirlik.

Hundreds of demonstrators picketed the U.S. embassy in Ankara just before the vote. "A Bill of Hatred," ran the banner headline on the top-selling Turkish newspaper Hurriyet. The non-binding measure, which passed the House Foreign Affairs Committee by a vote of 27 to 21, will now be sent on to the full House. "Unfortunately, some politicians in the United States have once again sacrificed important matters to petty domestic politics despite all calls to common sense," said Turkish President Abdullah Gul.

For the Turkish government, "the timing of the vote is catastrophic," says prominent political commentator and columnist for the Posta newspaper Mehmet Ali Birand. It comes as Washington tries to persuade Turkey not to launch a military operation into north Iraq to pursue separatist Kurdish guerrillas who are based there and who have been staging increasingly violent attacks in southeast Turkey. The U.S. is opposed to any such move, fearful that it could disrupt Kurdish-controlled north Iraq, the only relatively stable area in the country.

But the government of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is under huge public pressure after several deadly attacks by Kurdish guerrillas in the southeast that have killed 30 people in under two weeks. Members of Turkey's parliament are due to vote on allowing a cross-border military incursion next week, and the military machine is already preparing. "After the U.S. House vote, the Turkish public is going to think tit for tat," says Birand. "This is going to strengthen the nationalists, including the position of those people who want us to invade north Iraq."

Despite its displeasure, however, Turkey's government is unlikely to make good on its threats to take retaliatory action against the U.S. even if a resolution clears House. "The government is disinclined to consider drastic moves like an embargo, or closing Incirlik," says Birand. The real outcome of Wednesday's bill may be to strengthen a growing tide of ultra-nationalist isolationism in Turkey, fueled by public perceptions of being unwanted by Europe (it is seeking to join the E.U.) and ignored by the U.S. One recent victim was high-profile Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot to death by a teenager with links to nationalist groups. His son, Arat Dink, and publisher Serkis Seropyan were sentenced on Friday to one year in jail for "insulting Turkishness" by referring to the Armenian genocide. They will appeal the verdict.

Click to Print Find this article at:
    http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 99,00.html

Enter Turkey in search......

Beware: "Hate" Legislation moving from Europe to A"

This is a thread on Turkey and Pelosi.

Vote for Democrats, they'll bring our soldiers home..remember that?

Is the intent to bring them homes in body bags?!?!?!?!

Yes folks, now we see just how "better off" we are with the Democrats controlling Congress.

I pray daily for our boys, while Nancy and her buddies spit in their faces and welcome invaders into the US.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

Yes folks, now we see just how "better off" we are with the Democrats controlling Congress.

I pray daily for our boys, while Nancy and her buddies spit in their faces and welcome invaders into the US.
    I agree. It disgusts me when our troops do not have the full support that they need and deserve. These politicians treat illegals better than our troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

I agree. It disgusts me when our troops do not have the full support that they need and deserve. These politicians treat illegals better than our troops.
    I say let the Dems bring our boys home, and when Iraq falls into chaos, we can truthfully blame the democrats.
    Who knows, maybe it would be the end of peloser and all her liberal dem buddies.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

"Vote for Democrats, they'll bring our soldiers home..remember that?"

Sure, vote DEMOCRAT. We want amnesty for 20 - 30 million ILLEGALS.

But even more, abruptly withdrawing our troops will create such havoc in that area of the world, we won't have to worry about the price or availability of their oil......we won't be getting any from there.

What is this democratic mentality that wants the U.S. to fail? Yes, we got into Iraq through misrepresentations.........lies if you prefer. But to cut and run would be disastrous.

The vast majority of the boots on the ground DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS. They don't want everything they have been fighting and dying for to go down the drain.

THEY DON'T WANT TO FAIL......OR TO BE CALLED FAILURES..........as were the Viet Nam conflict and the vets.

I've been there.......I'm in daily touch with many of my military friends still there. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT THEM TO FAIL!!!!

Is this what YOU want???????????

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    "Vote for Democrats, they'll bring our soldiers home..remember that?"

Sure, vote DEMOCRAT. We want amnesty for 20 - 30 million ILLEGALS.

But even more, abruptly withdrawing our troops will create such havoc in that area of the world, we won't have to worry about the price or availability of their oil......we won't be getting any from there.

What is this democratic mentality that wants the U.S. to fail? Yes, we got into Iraq through misrepresentations.........lies if you prefer. But to cut and run would be disastrous.

The vast majority of the boots on the ground DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS. They don't want everything they have been fighting and dying for to go down the drain.

THEY DON'T WANT TO FAIL......OR TO BE CALLED FAILURES..........as were the Viet Nam conflict and the vets.

I've been there.......I'm in daily touch with many of my military friends still there. They DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE WANT THEM TO FAIL!!!!

Is this what YOU want???????????
    It's ALREADY A FAILURE. Don't you get that yet? The "war" is unwinnable,
    unless you want to take on the whole mideast. How many years did the USSR stay in Afghanistan? Do YOU want Iraq to be an Afghanistan conflict for the US?
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Re: Turkey is Angered Will This Cut Off Supplys To Troops

Quote Originally Posted by LeShel
    Switchboard

1-866-220-0044

We need to be calling to stop this. Nancy Pelosi is all for passing this. What a bunch of sicko's. It makes me think they are trying to get our soldiers killed.

Does anyone else see a pattern here. The Marines are wanting to pull out of Iraq, there is a big push to remove Blackwater, and now they are going to block supplies through Turkey.
    THe only "pattern" I see here is ENDLESS APPEASEMENT of islamic states. Appeasement didn't work for Chamberlain in WW2 and it ISN'T going to work w/islamic theocracies.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada