Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I'm just waiting for the Cavalry to show up and save us all...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

US desperation? I think not. Greed is good has been the US motto for too long, and now that we have been slapped hard by financial reality, we can go back to living within our means. There has already been protectionism in the EU rising and, although Americans take on guilt very easily, this country looks out for its own people (and is attempting to look out for everyone else that does not belong here.) That was the basis of the American revolution--unfair taxation on products being imported from the kingdom. We can return to that kind of thinking very easily.
    The only way to find fundamental equity in world trade is to have one currency. (And I puke at the thought.) That way you know that Mexico can produce 50,000 hot peppers at a cost of 100 globos, while the American peppers may cost 200 globos.
    This is nothing more than the harbinger of homogenizing the entire world economy, where rich countries are thrown into the wash with countries like Zimbabwe, which has issued the 100 trillion note.
    We are the most generous country in the world, and I really don't think we have to do any more. Bring back the jobs to this country and get rid of the illegals (or migrants) so Americans can feed their families. Call me a protectionist, a badge I wear with pride.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Me, too, worriedamerican, until a few months ago when I realized, we are the cavalry.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The acquisition of the key technology for both thread making by Samuel Slater and the Browns and for integrated cloth production by Francis Cabot Lowell and Patrick Tracy Jackson were illegal under the laws of Britain.

There is currently more of a problem with artificial exchange rates imposed by China to avoid setting up a welfare system through the alternative of using exchange rates to create a subsidy for production. If the Chinese revalued their currency through free market both Mexico and the United States would see an increase in production. There is also a problem with the United States government running a deficit.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wear the badge of protectionism too, vortex, always have, always will. It's based on a very simple, common sense, historically proven, fundamental economic pragmatism:

"If you don't protect it, you will lose it."

If you buy a new Mercedes and park it in the hood, don't lock it, don't guard it, and leave it unprotected, you'll come back and find it's been stolen or ravaged into worthless value.

If you tie an giant elephant to a tree and abandon it in a jungle of hungry lions, you will return to find nothing but a skeleton.

If you take your diamond ring off in a bar and leave it on the table to go the bathroom, when you come back it will be gone.

If you leave your precious trade that you depend on for your survival on the table or in a parking space or in a tree or on the border of the global economy, you will wake up one day to look for it and alas, it won't be there because it was devoured, ravaged and stolen by those who were smart enough to take it.

Oh wait ... that's what we did which is why our nation is but a skeleton of its former self and the hyenas are knawing on our bones as we speak.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Shouln't you have said Lincoln Town Car instead since Mercedes are made by Germans, Central and Eastern Europeans.

You are suggest Americans buy German cars.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    We need to rise up and terminate NAFTA and every other Free Trade Treason Agreement regardless, and we need to do that now.
    Fixing NAFTA is another one of Obama's lies. Remember when he said he would change the fees/tariffs and make them more equal? Then he went to Canada and came home with his tail between his legs. He's quite the wimp and the other nations will walk all over us. He tried to suck up to Iran and now they have NO RESPECT for him.

Wait till he goes to the G20, most are against his plans there too. I hope they stick with it and take his *ss to task!

While he's over there he should drop in on his birthplace in Kenya, and say "yo" to the relatives. Perhaps he could take Illegal Auntie home to her country while he's at it!!!!

And I thought Bush was bad.....................
    Yep ....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Shouln't you have said Lincoln Town Car instead since Mercedes are made by Germans, Central and Eastern Europeans
    No, protectionism isn't just for Americans, it's for every country, each nation to protect it's own economy, balance their international trade payments, work towards surpluses.

Germany protects their economy quite nicely against the US:

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/bal ... .html#2009

Germany had a $43 Billion trade surplus with the US in 2008 which means we had a $43 Billion trade deficit with Germany last year.

No other serious nation on this planet allows trade deficits like the US ... we had a $711 Billion trade deficit with the world last year. How many years of that do you think it takes to devour the elephant tied to the tree of Free Trade Treason in a jungle of hungry lions?

Not many. And we've had them in that neighborhood every single year of the Bush Administration. You can't deplete a $13 Trillion a year economy by nearly $700 Billion a year for almost 8 years and expect to have anything left. That's 60% of your net GDP being sent out of the country every 8 years in unprotected trade which will bankrupt any nation.

If you don't protect it, you will lose it. We didn't protect it, so we lost it, now we're bankrupt. It's not complicated, it's very simple.

Free Trade is not not not Good for America. It's the worst possible thing we can be involved in economically besides illegal immigration.

But for your information Mercedes has a plant in the United States in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. Because we don't protect our trade, even it's suffering "global woes".

'Full labor mobility'

That part of their elitist and authoritarian plan for the free people of America explains why the government has allowed 15 million or more illegal aliens to enter and remain in America.

Since the American public would never willing agree to this plan, it is done anyway and we are told we must accept it.

The day we must truly accept it and surrender is the day that freedom and self governance completely dies in America.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Being an American brand may not mean that every part has been manufactured in the US. And only the GM honchos know where every part comes from. In the 1970s I bought a new Plymouth Cricket, but I had no idea what kind of mess it was until I broke down in Araby, Georgia. One of the struts had cracked and being hauled to Billy Brown's garage off the interstate exit (which had the garage, a liquor store and a tourist ripoff joint with restaurant, and Billy always wore a sidearm) I learned that half the car had normal US criteria in measurements, but they had no tools to fit the other parts that were metric. Turns out it was half manufactured in England. It took days to get it fixed, after we had to hitchhike to Cordelle to carry back the part they ordered from the Greyhound station. I spent a lot of time at the liquor store, but what really ticked me off is that Billy and crew helped themselves to my huge bags of oranges and grapefruit from Florida. You don't argue with anyone with a gun on their hip.
    Point being, no one knows the details about where components of anything were manufactured. It makes me worry that Made in USA may mean that all the parts came from all over the world, and we stuck them together.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast