US Economic Outlook: Bad and Getting Worse

By The Mogambo Guru

07/21/10 Tampa, Florida – It was raining outside, and so I was stuck inside the house, listening to my family remind me that I was just a worthless, penny-pinching, hateful old man who loves gold, silver and oil more than I love them, which I hasten to add is not exactly true in all respects, but you gotta admit that gold, silver and oil will treat me very nicely as they soar in price along with inflation in prices because of the insane levels of money creation by the Federal Reserve so that the loathsome Obama administration can deficit-spend us into hyperinflation, whereas spouses and children will be just a heavy millstone around my poor, aching neck, dragging me down, down, down by forcing me to spend money on them for their food and medical care and all the rest of that expensive crap.

So I was thinking that my economic situation had gotten a lot worse, and that I am probably the only guy in the whole world whose life Really, Really Sucks (RRS), when I saw a new survey by AlixPartners showing that 71% of Americans report that their economic situation is “the same,â€