Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US turned down Britain’s offer to help clean up BP oil spi

US turned down Britain’s offer to help clean up BP oil rig spill

A high-level British offer of help to clean up the Gulf of Mexico oil spill was rebuffed by America shortly after the accident, fuelling fresh fears of political tension between the two countries over the disaster.
    A few days after the BP-leased rig sank on April 22, the Cabinet Office made a direct offer to the US State Department to airlift half of Britain’s 1,200-tonne stockpile of chemical dispersants, The Times has learnt.
    At the time there was an urgent demand for fresh supplies. The offer to provide the chemicals, at the cost price of £3 million, was made through diplomatic channels and via the Civil Contingency Secretariat, the Government’s emergency planning unit.
    A spokeswoman for the Department of Energy and Climate Change, which was also involved in drafting the plan, said that the US had chosen not to accept the offer. Officials said the US claimed that the chemicals held in Britain did not have the correct paperwork but the spokeswoman said: “We are not aware of any problems with licensing. I cannot say why they have not accepted the offer. That is a question for the US State Department.â€

Our Administration gets crazier and crazier.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is insane. Absolutely insane.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That fortefies my opinion that this was deliberate Shame on him for putting his absurd agenda before the environment and people.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    That fortefies my opinion that this was deliberate Shame on him for putting his absurd agenda before the environment and people.

I know it sounds crazy and paranoid. But myself and others that I've talked to about this, suspect that 'the messiah' had more to do with this than we think...Like the whole lot from the beiginning. Hey, evil is evil...

I thought BP is a Privately held company? BP should pay for the clean up not the US or UK. Just like everything else the profits are private and the loses are pubic. From what I'm hearing the spill is like a volcano, they've cracked the earth's mantel. Anyway that's what's been going around.

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I thought BP is a Privately held company? BP should pay for the clean up not the US or UK. Just like everything else the profits are private and the loses are pubic. From what I'm hearing the spill is like a volcano, they've cracked the earth's mantel. Anyway that's what's been going around.
    They drilled through salt formations. That had never been done before. If Obama's administration hadn't waived the environmental impact analysis for the deepest well ever drilled and never drilled through salt formations and then a mile deeper than the design specifications of the rig drilling it, then someone might have said "whoa, we need to know more before we approve this drilling plan."

Waiving the environmental impact analysis of this well project is criminal negligence. We have these laws for a reason, our environmental laws protect our environment the same way our immigration laws protect our economy. If you want to waive a parking ticket, be my guest. But do not waive immigration and environmental laws.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Heard the Dutch offered help also in the beginning but were turned down also.

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Heard the Dutch offered help also in the beginning but were turned down also.
    I just heard that tonight on Hannity. Is that not just unbelievable? We turn down help with a massive oil spill from the Dutch and the English who are very knowledgeable about oil spills yet invite Calderon to speak to the US House of Representatives about the AZ immigration law which the man hadn't even read before condemning it.

Who in their right mind would turn down help to clean up this oil spill?!!

Quote Originally Posted by domack
    I would take "any port in a storm" though.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast