Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

USA to fund Lebanese army

This story is from our news.com.au network Source: AFP

US to fund Lebanese army
    From correspondents in Washington
    July 29, 2006
    THE United States will allocate $US10 million ($13 million) dollars for the Lebanese army so that it can move into the border zone near Israel currently controlled by the Hezbollah militia, the State Department said overnight.

The aid is meant to help Lebanon modernise its force by purchasing spare parts for armoured personnel carriers and other vehicles needed to patrol the zone, as well communications equipment, Tom Casey, a State Department spokesman said.

Congress must still approve the assistance, which is aimed at helping Lebanon work with an international force for the zone backed Friday in Washington by US President George W. Bush and visiting British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... %2C00.html

===============================================

This makes me so mad! So, know that right now, I am cursing!!!
    Everytime we do someting like this, it is eventually used against us....we've sent 30 Mil $$ in aid just this week to Lebanon...next we'll probably send in the US Army Corp of Eng. to rebuild the towns Israel tore down!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Feel like beating my head against a wall, anyone else joining me?
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

It still just boggles my mind that they give money we don't even have! Plus.....I'm not that knowledgable on everything over there but why do they send money to the Lebanese when that's where the Hasbillah (or whatever) is? If they were going to help.....I thought it would be Israel.

Plus I don't understand why there's no funds for our border security but an open wallet for everybody else.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazybird,

You're so right! They won't fund a border wall or fence, but send it to a bunch of loonies that won't kick Hezbollah out on their own!

You watch, soon those arms will be used against Israel or the USA, or they will love having new equipment so much, they will start buying them from Russia!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Plus I don't understand why there's no funds for our border security but an open wallet for everybody else.
    This is such B@#*!
    Next we'll be sending them our troops, more money, etc.

BUT WE STILL CAN'T AFFORD TO BUILD THE FENCE....yeah right.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

They are doing it for a couple of reasons.

A: So we can say that we gave aid to the innocent Lebanese people, look good toward the rest of the "world community", etc.

B: So we can use it as leverage either sooner or later down the road to influence them into doing what we want (help get rid of the Hezbollah in their governement).

C: In the interest of "expanding democracy", it's one of those things where it's easier to use honey rather than vinegar. And as we all know, money talks.

OOhhh......one of those looks good in theory things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    They are doing it for a couple of reasons.

A: So we can say that we gave aid to the innocent Lebanese people, look good toward the rest of the "world community", etc.

B: So we can use it as leverage either sooner or later down the road to influence them into doing what we want (help get rid of the Hezbollah in their governement).

C: In the interest of "expanding democracy", it's one of those things where it's easier to use honey rather than vinegar. And as we all know, money talks.
    Lady:

We all know that the Lebonese people could give a rat's butt about what we want from them. They'll take the money and run, mark my words.

Like Sippy said, we can't fund our own National Guard troops or a border fence, but we can send $13M to a bunch of people who will never listen to any demands we make.

Cussing is definitely in order here. Mutter, mutter, mutter, cuss word, cuss word, swear!!!!!!1

OOhhh......one of those looks good in theory things.
    Yep.

We all know that the Lebonese people could give a rat's butt about what we want from them. They'll take the money and run, mark my words.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway saying it will work. Track record shows the opposite will happen. One of those "Biting the hand that feeds you" things. Just stating why they (we) are doing it.

Apparently they (we) seem to think that if they (we) keep trying the same tactic over and over it will eventually work. Not very bright if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    Apparently they (we) seem to think that if they (we) keep trying the same tactic over and over it will eventually work. Not very bright if you ask me.
    Definition of stupidity:

Engaging in the same action over and over and over, and expecting a different outcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast