Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    jshhmr, once again you didn't read my last post before reacting: She was NOT deleted after all, she still shows up on a search. For this to be her one and only post on a website about illegal immigration is odd and you know it. But I think it energizes you to argue with someone, about anything.

Did you read my last response on your RUSH post yet? Hope you learned something.
    I didn't come after you personally did I? And so what if that was her only post? There are many lurkers on this site, and are afraid of posting about immigration topics. I used to be one of those people because I was afraid of how I would be percieved. Here is a quote from an earlier post that I specified for you

builditnow I am really sorry if I ever offended you in any way. Your last comment to my post about Rush opened my eyes to how I was being toward other points of view. For that, I hope you can forgive me. You were right. After a long prayer/meditation about the subject, God showed me I was wrong. My apologies to you if I offended you. You are entitled to your own opinions.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-160932.html

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Please don't take anything I say personally. Am I not entitled to my own opinion? Should I completely drop out of this site altogether?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    jshhmr, once again you didn't read my last post before reacting: She was NOT deleted after all, she still shows up on a search. For this to be her one and only post on a website about illegal immigration is odd and you know it. But I think it energizes you to argue with someone, about anything.

Did you read my last response on your RUSH post yet? Hope you learned something.
    I didn't come after you personally did I? And so what if that was her only post? There are many lurkers on this site, and are afraid of posting about immigration topics. I used to be one of those people because I was afraid of how I would be percieved. Here is a quote from an earlier post that I specified for you

builditnow I am really sorry if I ever offended you in any way. Your last comment to my post about Rush opened my eyes to how I was being toward other points of view. For that, I hope you can forgive me. You were right. After a long prayer/meditation about the subject, God showed me I was wrong. My apologies to you if I offended you. You are entitled to your own opinions.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-160932.html

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Please don't take anything I say personally. Am I not entitled to my own opinion? Should I completely drop out of this site altogether?
    Jshhmr-
    No, I had not seen that post of yours. I'm very glad you told me about it. I didn't comment on that post, and read it before you had posted your comment.

I must say I am very impressed! You are one of the few people I know of who is able to be open to constructive criticism and gain some insight from it. That takes a lot of character.

The thing is, you had some good and just criticisms of Rush Limbaugh. You could have a positive influence on others if you just go about it in a more positive way. I have thought before that if I ever had the opportunity to meet Limbaugh (which I'm sure I won't), but I would like to ask him about the comments about Michael J. Fox. I really don't understand why he said what he did.

I don't make a point of listening to him anymore, but do so when I'm in the car and listening to the radio. I actually wish he, as well as Shawn Hannity, would stop what sounds like constant Obama-bashing. I am far from being an Obama fan, but I wish they would focus more on policies than on the person, because I think their criticisms get lost when they constantly attack the person.

BTW, after reading your post about Rush the band, I asked my boyfriend about them. (He is a musician, and has been in a band, several different ones, most of his adult life, and over the sixteen years I have know him. Just local bands, he hasn't made a living doing it or anything. He has usually been a lead singer, writes some music, and plays guitar some.)

Anyway, he agrees with you about RUSH the band. He said they are one of the best bands EVER. He puts them on his list of Top 10 favorite bands.

And also, by the way, he would agree with you about Rush the radio host. He doesn't like Limbaugh at all. So he and I try not to talk with each other about politics much.

Thanks again for your comments. I really am impressed. I'm sure we might disagree again sometime about an issue, but thats okay. We're all working toward the same goal.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Thank you builditnow for you comment. It gives me peace to know I did not personally offend you. I NEVER wanted to do that. You guys are truly my brothers and sisters, and since I have been an internet user since 1996, I have never been involved with a forum like I have with Alipac. Even though my mouth might have gotten in the way sometimes, that is something that God has shown me that I need to deal with. I used to be such a patient and understanding person, but since I have been getting politically involved, I have found my patience wearing thin, especially when I feel that our reality as we know it is near the end. It is so frustrating for me now, especially now that I have a wife and a 6 year old girl. I feel bad for bringing a life into a reality that is destined to fail the way things are going, but the only thing I can do is prepare for what is to come. I don't know if it will be nature, or political, but things are at a quickening that can't be stopped. We had our chance and we failed. This is my own opinion though.

I really took what you said on my previous post to heart, and after prayer I realized you were right. I owe you one for helping me with my issues.

If you don't mind me asking, does your boyfriends band have a youtube/myspace page? I am a drummer myself (that's why I'm a Rush fan, on top of the fact that their drummer writes the lyrics and their music has truly helped me progress) and I love to hear new music. PM me with any links.

BTW, if you are interested in buying any Rush CD's or downloads, Moving Pictures is a good place to start, musically speaking. Lyrically, their recent album Snakes and Arrows (which is an ancient game of spirituality, and is what the children's game Chutes and Ladders is based upon) is a great album.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshhmr -
    I don't think they have a myspace/youtube page, at least that I'm aware of. I will ask him tomorrow. I'll PM you if they do. His current band has gone through some member changes and name changes in the past 6-12 months. They just got a new bass (sp?) guitar player in the past week. And I'll give him info about the Moving Pictures website. Thanks.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12